PDA

View Full Version : Hello, my map-loving brethren!

Fenno
07-02-2011, 11:14 PM
I am quite pleased that I bumped into this place... And I immediately knew that this place was for me. I draw maps near-constantly, as I got bored in high school quite a bit (just graduated, so that's not a problem anymore :D) and I would draw maps in my spare time. I also love the use of visual aids to complement writing... Whenever I write a story, which I do quite often, I drew a map to accompany it. I cannot wait to being producing content and generally becoming part of the give-and-take of the forum.

Let me throw my pride into the wind and establish myself as the biggest noob ever... How do I set an avatar, and is there a thread-subscribe system?

Jaxilon
07-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Welcome aboard. You have found what I would say is just about the best site on the web. Lots of map lovers and more stuff to see and do than you can shake a stick at. It seems you already have your avatar set and I expect you will see the subscribe to button whatever thread you are reading so I think you are good to go.

Look forward to seeing some of your stuff and expect you will really enjoy it here!

Fenno
07-03-2011, 12:36 AM
Is there any way to auto-sub to a thread by posting in it, or does it have to be manual each time? Thanks for the greeting... I trust that this is a fairly active forum, based on the number of users online. Now what I need more than anything... A document scanner; until then, no maps from me! (sorry!)

In the meantime, I will definately partake in the other offerings the site has. Linguistics in particular caught my eye, and I've been dying to learn Nahuatl. :)

arsheesh
07-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Welcome to the Guild Fenno! BTW, to answer your original question, there's an option to subscribe to a thread in the "Thread Tools" tab at the top of the first post of each new thread. Also, if you are the one beginning a thread, I think that there is an option to subscribe to the thread before posting. Looking forward to seeing you around.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Steel General
07-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Welcome Aboard!

NeonKnight
07-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the Guild!