PDA

View Full Version : Brush stuck on pressure sensitity (Photoshop Cs5)

eViLe_eAgLe
07-08-2011, 01:15 AM
http://cache.gyazo.com/b089de889a1f26b78b6086c18c799efd.png

Very irritating thing this is.. As I use the fade feature alot and its just stuck there.
(Someone respond fast I wanna get some work done soon :3)

Jaxilon
07-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Sorry man, I'm a Gimp-er. I don't know anything about PS but I'm guessing that if you have it unselected here or whatever then there may be a global setting that is causing your problem. You might search out a PS forum to see if there is a faq or something that might point you in the right direction. That or you can wait a few more minutes until a PS-er who has Gumby as a part of them comes along. :) (Just want to see if anyone else is old enough to remember the Gumby song).

eViLe_eAgLe
07-08-2011, 01:37 AM
Ahh.. Its alright I tried using the gimp.. Wouldn't even work :P So I bought CS5 *as much as it freaking costed.. It took my birthday to get me it. (Its the only thing I got)* I don't regret it.

Jaxilon
07-08-2011, 01:41 AM
I'm starting to think I'm going to have to loose a kidney to get the tablet I want but I'm still not quite ready to settle so I'm hanging on :)

eViLe_eAgLe
07-08-2011, 01:47 AM
Money problems are fickle.. I've recently been working and have enough money for a 150 dollar tablet but I had to give it to my mom as we are having financial troubles. Can't wait till she can pay me back though. :)

eViLe_eAgLe
07-08-2011, 01:51 AM
On a side note what do you think I could do with these mountains to improve them without the obvious's Texture and color.
http://gyazo.com/946e938a0f8d92c8bc8412bc31535065.png

jfrazierjr
07-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Make a bigger example... My first limited thoughts are that the ridge line is a bit too thick, but you are on the right track... add a bit of shadow on one side and dodge on the other, and you likely have something cool started.

Ascension
07-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Click on the brush tip shape tab, I'm pretty sure the problem is there. At the bottom of the panel you will see a word that says Spacing and a little box next to it...make sure the box is checked. If it is not checked then you start getting weird things happening. That's my best guess. I couldn't replicate what you have going on so, shrug. What actual brush are you using?

Jaxilon
07-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Re: Mountains - Sorry, I went to bed after that. What Jfraz said is spot on.

Midgardsormr
07-08-2011, 11:13 AM
First, unplug your tablet, restart Photoshop, and plug the tablet back in. Wait for a few seconds and then try changing your settings.

If that doesn't work, I've had some brush dynamics problems in the past that were caused by the Windows Tablet PC service. If you're in Windows, try turning off the service: Windows-r will open the Run dialogue. Run services.msc. Find the entry "TabletPC Input Service," right-click on it and choose Stop.

The only other thing I can think of that might be a problem would be a corruption in your preferences file. I don't recall the procedure for Windows, but in MacOS, you can recreate the preferences by holding down all of the modifier keys (Cmd, shift, alt, ctrl) while starting Photoshop. It actually only requires three of those keys, but I can never remember which ones, so I just use all of them, and it works. However, resetting the prefs will unload custom brushes, restore the original workspace layout, and undo any other customizations to your installation. It won't uninstall plug-ins, though, since those aren't usually referenced in the prefs file.

eViLe_eAgLe
07-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Sadly, I don't have a tablet.
Back on track. Thanks Ascension it worked! I can finally get back to work later this evening!
And I'll try what you Jfraz to see what comes out!
Im using a Hard Mechanical 16 pixel brush.
Edit: Sadly.. It only worked for about 2 minutes. :sad:
The settings are as follows:

http://gyazo.com/43116c6aaeb1ba94d9a86da583c1d7a3.png
http://gyazo.com/670273bfb5e7fc3cc98ce59cfe96dc05.png
Edit edit: Everything is the same besides the size difference.
Ps: The fade worked on my eraser for some reason though.

Ascension
07-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Well what I notice is that you don't have Fade set for this brush, it's on Pen Pressure and since you're using a mouse you will get a solid line with no width variation.

eViLe_eAgLe
07-09-2011, 12:42 AM
Fade set? What do you mean? Like making a brush that has Fade as a original option? Because (I think) I have tried that and nothing has come with it.

Ascension
07-09-2011, 10:53 AM
No, your current screenshots don't show it set to Fade, it is set to Pen Pressure. The first one was set to Fade.

eViLe_eAgLe
07-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Oh, yeah everytime I do set it to fade it doesn't show up in the little preview box. And if I try and draw with it it just draws a line and then goes back to pen pressure.

Ascension
07-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Are you changing to other brush tips then coming back to this one? The settings always reset to their default so if you want specific things you'll have to save this as a new brush.

eViLe_eAgLe
07-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Nope, tried it on every brush that could have those settings and it wouldn't work. :(

Midgardsormr
07-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Have you tried deleting the preferences yet? In Windows, hold down Ctrl-Alt-Shift while launching the program. You should get a prompt asking if you want to delete your preferences file.

I can't guarantee that it will work, as I have never seen that behavior (assuming I correctly understand what's going on), but it does seem to fix a lot of random problems in PS.