PDA

View Full Version : Map of Western Parthia

TheSkywise
07-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Okay, here is my second map of the western part of Parthia. I am rather pleased overall how this one came out. I used GIMP to create it. The trees, mountains, towns, swamp, and other "objects" are NOT my creation, but I don't remember where I got them from.

The map compass is my creation (simple, but it works).

Please, tell me what you like and don't like about the map. I'm still a novice and would gladly accept constructive criticism. I know parts of the north east are bare, but frankly, I haven't developed anything up there for my campaign yet.

jfrazierjr
07-21-2011, 07:41 PM
I like the shape overall.... One thing I don't like about this is the how busy it is... this is especially the case with the middle range of mountains.... secondly, the tree icons are the same size as the mountains.
On a side note... I am not a big fan of most mountain brushes because of the "hard" edge at the bottom... that can be fixed with a lot of work using the smudge tool and a few other techniques.. but if your spending that much time... why not just make the mountains from scratch anyway?.... but I digress.....personally, I would find/make larger mountain symbols and have...umm perhaps 10%-20% of the total number you have currently spaced out a bit more...

...take a look around in the mapping elements forum if you want to swap out some of the icons... there are plenty to choose from....

Aenigma
07-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Well done with the rivers.