PDA

View Full Version : The city of Ilkandar

eViLe_eAgLe
07-22-2011, 11:31 PM
http://gyazo.com/eaa55cdb441664df8b84ba6abbc962c6.png

Terrible shading.. I know :P But, criticism is welcome and critique is wanted. This is a large trade town on one of the biggest trade routes in the west of the continent of Skaya. On the Island of Kitanora on the western side (again).

eViLe_eAgLe
07-22-2011, 11:33 PM
And, no I haven't abandoned any of my recent projects.. I am just trying to build a campaign world and will go over the fine details of the other maps later.

eViLe_eAgLe
07-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Progress is going slow.. No new WIP yet. But, I got the slums done.

eViLe_eAgLe
07-30-2011, 03:57 AM
I got the slums done.. But postponed or completely shut down.

Gamerprinter
07-30-2011, 05:37 AM
So is the blurry background just a placeholder, until you create a much higher resolution background? Compared to the hard edged city, that blurry background looks really bad. If you plan to eventually fix that blurry issue, then don't take this criticism too harshly. Its just the hardlined city and super soft background just doesn't sync well - looking at odds with each other. I'd both soften the city, and use harder edged elements to the groundscape to bring these two varying elements in line with each other. Just a suggestion.

GP

eViLe_eAgLe
07-30-2011, 07:00 PM
And, it is just a place hold :) But thanks for the criticizm. Ill take it into account when I retry this.