PDA

View Full Version : The Recommended Introduction

louiseattaque
07-24-2011, 01:05 AM
Hallo all!

This site has encouraged me to introduce myself, and so I shall (mustn't disappoint!). I'm not really sure what to say though... I'm here because I'm far more computer-savvy than my childhood friend, who would like me to design the map for her hopefully soon-to-be-piblished book. I'm just looking for inspiration here, because, according to the claims of the site itself, this is a wonderful collection of the best mappers on the internet. I'm not sure what more there is to say, except that I would welcome anyone who has words of advice - I have already ravaged the tutorial section - and that said advice can be in either English (obviously, hehe) or German, if that is preferable.

Err, cheers I suppose,
Louisa

tilt
07-24-2011, 02:19 AM
Hi Louisa, welcome to the guild. You'll get the advice in english as we prefer people to communicate so all user can understand it :)
Having allready gone through the tutorials - now is the time for trying them. Make a new thread in the WIP (work in progress) forum and start working on your first map - there you can ask for help and critique while you work - and learning by doing is the only way :)

290blue
07-24-2011, 03:45 AM
Welcome Louisa!

bartmoss
07-24-2011, 06:00 AM
Willkommen Louisa. ;-)

Steel General
07-24-2011, 07:51 AM
Welcome Aboard!

jbgibson
07-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Welcome Louisa! While English interaction here lets more of the community benefit from your threads, if your friend and her novel are in German, by all means do your *mapping* in German :-). We look forward to seeing what you devise - do please post some works in progress along the way. The commentary usually speeds your learning, and it's more interesting and instructive to see someone develop, than to have them say Hi, wait a long time, then display their polished proficiency :-).

Moe
07-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Welcome!

If you need any language related advice on your maps - I am sure a few Germans (incl. me) can be found to help you, whereas the comment will be in English as tilt mentioned ;-)

>Moe

NeonKnight
08-02-2011, 02:12 AM
Welcome to the Guild!