PDA

View Full Version : Charleston, SC - Map for travel site contest

RjBeals
07-24-2011, 11:16 PM
The travel site they draw and travel/ (http://www.theydrawandtravel.com/) had a mapping contest that I entered. I had about 2 weeks to create this map. All photoshop cs3 & wacom and many many layers with blending styles applied (lots of glows and stuff). I used Ramah's tree thing program for the filler trees. I love that little java app. Anyway, Charleston South Carolina (East Coast USA) has been my favorite city for a long time. My family vacations there every year, so this was a chance for to map my fav city, and possible win a bit of a prize. However, the 200 or so other entries are very badass. I'm up against professional graphic artists, so i have little hope - but I still had fun and like my finished map !

Ascension
07-24-2011, 11:28 PM
I think you did a wonderful job. I'd have to see the others to compare but this is really nice, man. I took a carriage ride around the battery a few times with some fine ladies on different occasions when my best friend lived there some 15 years ago. And that outdoor market place was pretty fun as well. Had the hottest wings I ever had there.

arsheesh
07-24-2011, 11:59 PM
This looks fantastic RJ! Good luck on the contest man.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

ravells
07-25-2011, 01:13 AM
Looks beautiful! Best of luck in the competition!

eViLe_eAgLe
07-25-2011, 02:30 AM
Best of luck as always. But, personally I think you'll win. :)

Steel General
07-25-2011, 09:10 AM
Nicely done...and good luck in the contest!