PDA

View Full Version : The Miri Isles

Conaruba
07-26-2011, 11:05 PM
This is my first attempt at a map completely from my imagination. I have made maps of fictitious countries on the Earth world map but i have never created an entirely fictitious landscape until discovering this website. So after reading some tutorials (which by the way were FANTASTICALLY helpful) I ended up with this little piece I called "The Miri Isles".

I'm planning on adding things like towns and tribes and all that jazz but just for now i thought i'd post it for everyone to see and so I could get some pointers as to what I could do to make it better! :)

eViLe_eAgLe
07-27-2011, 01:00 AM
As I've never done a real Satelite style map before..
So all I have to say is..
It looks nice. :)

Blindkingofbohemia
07-27-2011, 04:29 AM
Wow man! That's pretty darn good!

My only suggestion, maybe add another layer of darker water farther out from the coastlines, to add depth? Apart from that, great!

cantab
07-27-2011, 11:13 AM
This looks like a good start. It looks like you've got an underlying elevation model, in which case when adding rivers it's best to add them in accordance with that model.

The coastlines look a bit sharp, like there's equal-height cliffs everywhere. You could work on it to try for a smoother transition.

Conaruba
07-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Yah i was trying to make the western coast line of the main island look like a large sudden drop kind of like the white cliffs of Dover or Beachy Head. I didnt really know how to do that so i just whited out the edge of the elevation map. perhaps i did too much?