PDA

View Full Version : The Quary and Towne of Lymeport by RobA

jfrazierjr
07-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Map

Created in: GIMP

Review
This has always been one of my favorite maps here. The hand drawn style is just superb, as is the watercolor feel. This started with a simple doodle and turned into a really cool work of art.

I found myself alone with a pencil and some graph-paper today, and did a little doodle.

This is a small village that built up because of a quarry and a river. The quarry is fairly old, and now has a small lake in it from collected rainwater. The village used to have a large hotel for the barge workers to stay, but it was destroyed.

Original threads
Click here to view the Finished Map thread. (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?1729-The-Quary-and-Towne-of-Lymeport)
Click here to view the WIP thread. (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?1573-Town-Near-a-Quarry)

MapGoon
11-15-2011, 10:12 AM
That is a fine map.

bruno66
03-20-2012, 04:11 PM
That is a fine map.
I agree :)

bruno66
03-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Congratulations friend! Can you tell me how did you create this map?

Planemaster
05-01-2012, 09:08 AM
I like it !

Matthew MacNish
06-01-2012, 01:00 PM
I love the hand drawn look and feel of this.

RobA
06-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Congratulations friend! Can you tell me how did you create this map?

Just read the Work In Progress thread! http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?1573-Town-Near-a-Quarry

-Rob A>

Andy Bennison
06-07-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm a newbie to the site (oh, all of 15 minutes) and I'm an absolutley awful map maker. So I'm looking for hints, tips and ideas to use in my new old style d&d campaign that's all of two weeks old. I came to the site to look for some inspiration and for something to fuel my player's imagination.

This map is just great and I'll be using it tonight, in about an hour as a base my players to adventure from for the next few weeks.

I can't wait to use it. Cheers!

jfrazierjr
06-07-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm a newbie to the site (oh, all of 15 minutes) and I'm an absolutley awful map maker. So I'm looking for hints, tips and ideas to use in my new old style d&d campaign that's all of two weeks old. I came to the site to look for some inspiration and for something to fuel my player's imagination.

This map is just great and I'll be using it tonight, in about an hour as a base my players to adventure from for the next few weeks.

I can't wait to use it. Cheers!

Glad you stopped by, I would put one word of caution though, CartographersGuild is not "free maps r us". There are many great maps here which are free for personal use, but they must be explicitly marked as such in some way. While I am sure RobA won't likely won't mind your personal use of this map, without some statement to the contrary as part of the thread, you(meaning anyone....) must assume that any artwork shown here is NOT available for any use other than your personal perusal on this site.

Michael Schmidt
07-03-2012, 11:01 AM
nice map dude

Raven Moon
07-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Great work.

Gonzotron
03-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Great map. Love the line quality.