PDA

View Full Version : Castle Brushes - PS v1.0

Moe
08-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Salut mates,

In the past days I worked on a few brushes which I want to include in my
Sketch Style World Mapping turorial (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?15229-Sketch-Style-World-Mapping). I want to post them here as well as I welcome
any kind of critique.

This is the first brush set I've ever made and I know that there are some very
little mistakes in size, but no major problems as the brushes are given in a ~1500px size and will never
end up on a map that huge.

The purpose of the set is to enable people to build there own castles using simple brushes. A few of the brushes
contain already build examples but any element used is given as a seperate brush.

Enough of talking - here are the brushes included in the ZIP file and as a jpg with captions.

>Moe

eViLe_eAgLe
08-04-2011, 02:46 AM
All I can say is awesome :) Makes me wanna make a brush set..

ravells
08-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks Moe, that's really cool!

Steel General
08-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Neat stuff, thx for contributing. :)

Katto
08-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Thanks for sharing, Moe!

Moe
08-06-2011, 07:31 AM
No problem!
Thanks for the plaudit.

I plan to provide new versions of the brushes as well as new sets incl. e.g. arabic architecture and simple symbols.
Any update will be postet here.

>Moe

RobA
08-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Moe-

What is the licence on these?

-Rob A>

Moe
08-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Moe-

What is the licence on these?

-Rob A>

I'd be glad if you don't publish them somewhere else than here ;-)
But for the rest... do what ever you want, commercial included.

Would be nice to get info where they ended up so that I could check the results and be happy to see someone using my stuff ;)

>Moe

jazzon
02-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Any word on the other brush sets yet Moe?

Moe
02-29-2012, 11:16 PM
heyho, Jazzon,

there are some updates and new creations hidden in my WIP folders waiting to be finished.
Those are mainly symbol sets such as stars, circles and crosses until now. These things can
be found easily somewhere else.

And as for the other castle styles there are in progress but far from being released. My day job
here keeps me very buisy these days and I turned to be more likely a consumer than a producer ;)

If you really need those brushes I am willing to get into it on the weekend. Just let me know and give me
a few hints on what exactly it is that you need.

Cheers,
>Moe

jazzon
03-06-2012, 08:06 PM
@Moe
Working on a world scale map that includes a variety of structural styles, and my recent experience with making brushes tells me I am no good at it ;-). Brushes that could depict castles featuring minarets (Arabian, old St. Petersburg Russia, India), or Pueblo Structures, or Oriental Styles. Anything which is out of the ordinary castle style would be greatly appreciated.
(Sorry so long to reply, been out of touch myself a few days)
Jazzon

Moe
03-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Alright, I see what you need.
I try get things started and provide a couple of those styles.

Please be patient ;)

Cheers,
>Moe

jazzon
03-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Alright, I see what you need.
I try get things started and provide a couple of those styles.

Please be patient ;)

Cheers,
>Moe

Time is not an issue here, so patience is one of the few things in this world that can (sometimes) still be free!

mvojnovic
04-06-2012, 09:44 AM
I downloaded your symbols for castles but dont know how to use them... Can someone help me?
I have Adobe Photoshop CS5 portable.

Gidde
04-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Unzip the file so that you have the .abr file, then put that file into [Your Photoshop program directory]/presets/brushes.

If you need a more intense step by step, let us know which operating system you're using (i.e. Windows XP, Win7, OS X, etc).

mvojnovic
04-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Got it, thanks. I extracted files in wrong folder. It works fine...