PDA

View Full Version : 'Blood Tide' Maps - Triple Ace Games

Justin Raven
08-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Hey, folks, here are a set of maps I made for Triple Ace Game's adventure, 'Blood Tide'. They are all hand drawn, ink washes and line work, with both brush and crow quill pen and Speedball: Super Black India Ink. This was a largely unexplored technique for me. At least, in this kind of rendering. It was lots of fun.

If any of you are interested in Savage Worlds material, or a sweet Anglo Saxon and Northern European fantasy setting, Hellfrost is awesome. Visit www.tripleacegames.com for any details about the materials.

The first map is a town map of Byhaven, where the majourity of the adventure takes place.

The second map is a 3d map of the ruined underwater temple where the demon shark, Carchoroth (I think that was his name), was to be summoned out of an ancient pit/well. This map was interesting. I was pressed for time and did not make the proper perspective grid. So, some of the buildings are not sitting on the same plane as the rest :P Oh,well. Live and learn. I should have taken the time to map it all out. I felt very unprofessional after this map.

The third map is an aerial view of the ruined city's temple complex (as illustrated in the 3d map).

I would have posted these in the 'Finished Maps' section, but these are not really my property and TAG would be ****ed if they saw their maps as clip art, somewhere :P I CAN, however, show them, and use them for my own promotional purposes. Those guys are pretty loose about that kind of thing. Well, enjoy! :)

Steel General
08-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Nicely done!

Larb
08-09-2011, 07:24 PM
For a largely unexplored technique, they turned out really nice I think.