PDA

View Full Version : Another mountain style attempt

Jaxilon
08-18-2011, 01:52 AM
So I've had this idea in the back of my head for a while and I decided to try and let it out. This is my first attempt using this technique and I was just going for making sure it was even viable.

I'm thinking I like it but I figure it's always good to get more input. There are couple weird things that happened along the way due to my not being overly careful but I think I can avoid those next time.

So, shall I forge ahead with this and see if I can perfect it?....that's what I'm wondering.

Yandor
08-18-2011, 02:17 AM
Well I'd say thats a good idea, but seeing as my new kick is trying for scale, if this was a continent sized or even a kingdom size, those mountains are in my opinion a tad bit big... Just my 2 cents though

Jaxilon
08-18-2011, 03:35 AM
I think I see what you mean - the land doesn't look big enough for those size mountains. I wasn't really worried about that so much however. I think I can make these as big or small as I want but that will remain to be seen.

arachron
08-18-2011, 03:46 AM
If you're self-concious about this, mate, don't be. It looks terrific to my eyes

Coyotemax
08-18-2011, 03:47 AM
My thought is that in terms of scale, they actually look amazing at the thumbnail size, better than the fullsize version.

Jaxilon
08-18-2011, 03:53 AM
If you're self-concious about this, mate, don't be. It looks terrific to my eyes

Thanks and No I'm not self conscious about these. If I was it would be silly since I only spent a couple hours on them this evening playing around with the idea. If I get it down smoothly enough I might make a tutorial on them though.

Blindkingofbohemia
08-18-2011, 04:06 AM
Looked AMAZING in the thumbnail, not as good, but still good in the regular sized =D Good work, and when you get 'em down pat, make a tut so I can rip 'em off :D