PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Aeudas Subcontinent

marley
08-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Sooo this is my first map, and it obviously is missing things like forests and cities but I wanted just a few opinions so far! My main problem has been the mountains because I wanted it to be a drawn sort of map. So I drew each mountain myself as i couldn't find a good stamp thing! So obviously the rivers are in blue and roads in red and you can sort of see where the cities and major towns are if you look at the roads.
But yea thats bout it!! Oh if anyone knows any good city markers I would appriciate it!!
Thanx XD

Moe
08-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Looking good so far!
Like to see some forests, cities, lables,etc.

For the city symbols check the map elements section. You should find something suitable. I am on the phone right now so I cannot link.

Keep it up,
>Moe

EDIT: This thread (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?8095-Hand-drawn-map-elements&highlight=city+brushes) will offer you a collection of several handdrawn map elements. As far as I saw them they are made by the gracious Ramah :)

marley
08-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Thanx!
Yea I've realised that the map is pretty much the easy part! Its fitting all the infomation on thats difficult!
But thanx for the link I'll have a browse through and see if I can find any!

Ascension
08-18-2011, 05:41 PM
All I have to say is that it looks great so far. Oh and you forgot to color the islands in the top left.

marley
08-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Thanx! Yea I know about that, it was because those islands was gona be like made out of some dark granite with like a thin top soil and battered by the sea and so I put them darker but it is too dark compared to the rest I think! But yea1 Thanx XD

Moe
08-18-2011, 06:21 PM
I just noticed that you have a slight river issue in the west. The lake there hast two outflows. As tought by the river police a lake as usually only one outflow - if it has more due to heavy rain or flooding, one will "win" after some time and be the only remaining ;)

>Moe

Ascension
08-18-2011, 08:27 PM
D'oh! That got by me. Thanks, Moe.

geamon
08-18-2011, 09:40 PM
That and there is a river that splits and both prongs dump into that lake as well. Should be two rivers merging then dumping into the lake.

Edit: Nevermind looked like both rivers were merged on this mobile

jbgibson
08-19-2011, 01:05 AM
"couldn't find nice stamp so I just drew them" .... man, if I did more of that than spending hours looking for just the right existing element (or font ... I'm a font junkie) maybe I'd get better at hand-drawn work. Your mountains are well done. Really, the whole map is coming together nicely.