PDA

View Full Version : Salutations and Well Met!

ObsidianBlk
02-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Hello everyone!

I stumbled upon this amazing forum while searching the internet for fantasy maps and fantasy map tutorials. I know very little about cartography, but I'm trying my hand and getting out and onto paper (digital or otherwise) some worlds I have lodged in my head.

Love looking at the maps in the D&D source books and I absolutely love all of the great maps I have been able to look at here on this site as I have trolled it for the last several days.

Anyway... HI!

pyrandon
02-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Hello! Glad you stumbled on in for a spell--and I hope you stay and contribute for a good long while. Make sure to post your mapping attempts and works in progress; we'd love to see them, and help if you so desire.

Once again, I'm glad you joined, Obsidian!

PrismShard
02-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Greetings and welcome to the Guild. I'm new here as well, so I thought I'd say hello to a fellow newcomer. What program(s) do you use for mapping? I think you'll find the forums here to be an excellent resource for mapping, maps, and other information.

NeonKnight
03-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Greetings and welcome!

ravells
03-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Hi there Obsidian! There's nothing to it! Just download GIMP or Inkscape for free or buy some photoshop / illustrator software or clones and get mapping! Release that inner mapper in yourself! You know you want to!