PDA

View Full Version : Eos

Diamond
08-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Something I did just for the fun of it, since I had a couple of free days this week. It seems like I remember 'Eos' being the name of some other map or game world or something, but I can't remember if that's actually the case or not. If it is, my bad.

The mountain brushes are part of a set I found here at the Guild, but I don't recall who posted them. I believe he/she is German though, since the brushes are named in German. :D The font is AVQuest, that pseudo-Diablo font I love so much.

arsheesh
08-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Looks really nice there D. Your borders are very unique. Kudos.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

adunakhor
08-21-2011, 05:13 PM
It's a really nice map!
I like the political frontiers, how do you made them?

Diamond
08-21-2011, 06:46 PM
If you mean the dashed black lines, I just drew in the borders with a round/hard 4 pixel brush, then went back and erased (with the same brush) chunks of it. Time consuming, but I think it looks cool.

If you mean the colored areas, that's pretty easy, actually. I created a new layer for each color, drew over each area I wanted to have that particular color with a large brush, then set the base layer (my original white continents) as a selection, inversed, expand a couple of pixels (to take into account the stroke around the landmasses), and delete. Then I set the fill of the layer to 0%, and added an inner glow (Normal setting/about 70% opacity/size 40px).

Moe
08-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Something I did just for the fun of it...
And it turned out damn good!

It seems like I remember 'Eos' being the name of some other map or game world or something
Volkswagen produces a car called 'E.OS' ;)

Have some Rep for that,
>Moe

Diamond
08-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Okay, now I have to work in the Rabbit Mountains and Jetta Sea in there somewhere. :D

adunakhor
08-22-2011, 02:07 AM
Thank you very much Diamond! I'll be usefull for my next maps :D

ravells
08-22-2011, 03:53 AM
Beautiful work, as always, Diamond!

Steel General
08-22-2011, 05:03 AM
Nicely done!

moutarde
08-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Very nice, as usual, Diamond :)

By the way: Eos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_planets_%28E-G%29#Eos), EOS (http://eospso.gsfc.nasa.gov/), Eos (http://www.etcconnect.com/product.overview.aspx?ID=20271) ;)

arsheesh
08-26-2011, 12:17 AM
Huh, I just realized that I may have inadvertently stole the name of your map for one of the regional names in my Eriond map. Wasn't intentional I assure you, just probably got lodged in my sub-conscious. Probably not a big deal but if you want me to change it I'll do so.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Coyotemax
08-26-2011, 12:23 AM
That's nothing, I made a map one time and named one of the cities Ramah ;)

Diamond
08-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Huh, I just realized that I may have inadvertently stole the name of your map for one of the regional names in my Eriond map. Wasn't intentional I assure you, just probably got lodged in my sub-conscious. Probably not a big deal but if you want me to change it I'll do so.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh
Not a big deal at all. Like I said, I think I may have inadvertently stolen the name from something else myself, so...

tilt
08-27-2011, 05:12 PM
looks really great - love the colors :)

Beoner
08-27-2011, 05:58 PM
I liked that one, I just have to say that the way you used to make the forest is new for me (at least I think the darker areas are forest '-').

Anyway, great job, :)

Diamond
08-28-2011, 12:59 AM
Yeah, they're forests. Not the greatest looking ones, in my opinion, but meh. :D

Needamedic
08-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Very cool, inspirational map. Man I gotta stop lurking here and get to work. Addictive.