PDA

View Full Version : Temple of the Beast

Carnifex
02-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Here's the latest map I've done. Tried a different style... tried to make sort of hand drawn. Critique welcome as usual.

ravells
02-29-2008, 06:37 AM
No critiques here apart form the fact that I like the first one better. Everything is consistent to my eye and it looks gorgeous for it. I particularly like the canvas texture you've used. One question though - in the top right corner it looks like you have faintly written the number '5' - is that intentional or is my mind playing tricks on me? Just curious!

Carnifex
02-29-2008, 08:44 AM
No critiques here apart form the fact that I like the first one better. Everything is consistent to my eye and it looks gorgeous for it. I particularly like the canvas texture you've used. One question though - in the top right corner it looks like you have faintly written the number '5' - is that intentional or is my mind playing tricks on me? Just curious!

Thanks for you comment! The canvas texture is straight from Photoshop. The number 5 is a remant from the original picture.

rwaluchow
02-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Wow, that is a gorgeous map; I want to go there and plunder its depths right away!

I agree that the first map is nicer.

RobA
02-29-2008, 11:57 AM
I also prefer the "underground" shading on the left one.

Once suggestion might be to use a different floor tile pattern (broken grey) as it almost fights the canvas texture, possibly because the details of the floor texture are almost the same scale as the canvas texture.

-Rob A>

pyrandon
02-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Wow, this is great. Very rich and interesting. I also prefer the left--the right is too much.

I would also suggest lower the opacity of all colors by about 10% or so--just so the parchment "bleeds" through.

Nicely done!

The Cartographist
02-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Yup -- left it is.

One minor comment: I think that the room that is cut in half by the water would look better if the southern half were symmetric. Purely subjective I know; it just jumped out at me.

delgondahntelius
02-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Looks great, and I too prefer the left one... :D

NeonKnight
03-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Put me do0wn for number 1 as well. Nice Job!