PDA

View Full Version : Unviewable maps in albums

bartmoss
08-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Hi guys,

there are some maps like this, where the thumbs show but I can't view the maps at all. Guessing they were uploaded in a non-img-tag compatible format, pdf perhaps?

http://www.cartographersguild.com/album.php?albumid=223

Would be nice if this could be fixed, the thumbs look cool ;-)

- Nils

Ascension
08-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Now that's a very good question. I don't have any way of knowing what format they are in but maybe RobA or Arcana could find out.

bartmoss
08-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Ah. if you right-click on the undisplayed image then select "view image" it offers to DL the PDF.

Ascension
08-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Ah, I didn't get that in my browser (Firefox). Wonder why.

RobA
08-31-2011, 01:30 PM
Ah, I didn't get that in my browser (Firefox). Wonder why.

The map name (Picture 1 in the referenced album is "Joined Britain") Right click on that and download the link or view the image and you get the pdf. The album browser does not serve up pdf's in a container format, it just dumbly warps the pdf file attachment in an img tag.

I'm checking for a solution with vBulletin...

EDIT: It looks like there is no decent solution :( The vBulletin core does not return the file extension when rendering gallery pages. I was hoping to put a conditional in the template and display a pdf object for pdf extensions, and the image for everything else. Looks like we will have to live with it for now....

-Rob A>

RobA
08-31-2011, 03:07 PM
The map name (Picture 1 in the referenced album is "Joined Britain") Right click on that and download the link or view the image and you get the pdf. The album browser does not serve up pdf's in a container format, it just dumbly warps the pdf file attachment in an img tag.

I'm checking for a solution with vBulletin...

EDIT: It looks like there is no decent solution :( The vBulletin core does not return the file extension when rendering gallery pages. I was hoping to put a conditional in the template and display a pdf object for pdf extensions, and the image for everything else. Looks like we will have to live with it for now....

-Rob A>

OK, I've tried with an iframe, and it looks like now hitting a pdf will automatically start a download and images get displayed inside the iframe. Is that better, or worse ;) ?

(note to myself: album_pictureview )

-Rob A>