PDA

View Full Version : Hu!

Alex
08-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Hu forum!

It took me a while to join, but I finally managed it! Thanks Admin team! :) You also told me to contact you after I signed up, but I'm not sure where I should. :blush:

Anyways, I have arrived to learn how to make these wondrous maps for a lot of reasons. I am into story creation, worldbuilding (includes conlanging), and game creation. I have always wanted to create a beautiful map for my worlds and would have to tell the people who read my stories that I currently had a makeshift map, which basically did not look good. But I hope I can learn how to properly make them from now on. I am willing to sit for hours and days and years learning things as I love to learn!

I'm not sure what else to share here besides a few things I happen to enjoy; dragons, fantasy, languages, art, drawing, reading and writing. :)
Well, that's all!

Tkša akh!

Karina~

P.S
You can call me Karina if you want; name is temporary.

Moe
08-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Welcome, Karina!

Alex
08-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Moe! :)

tilt
08-25-2011, 10:32 AM
welcome to the guild - dive into the treasure trove of our tutorials to get started on your mappings - then post as you work in a WIP thread for help and critique :)

Steel General
08-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Alex
08-25-2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the welcomes guys! :D

Tilt, I will read over the tutorials now! :) May I ask where the WIP thread is though? :3

tilt
08-26-2011, 08:28 AM
on the frontpage of the forum - you'll find the subforum Mapmaking Discussion & Philosophy (WIP/Critique) ... it contains a number of subforums with different kinds of maps. So if you're mapping a city, make a new thread in the "Town/City Mapping" subforum and upload your map as you are working - try checking out the existing threads for what other people do. Here you can then ask questions and ask for critique from the members of the guild and we'll do our best to reply (just remember everybody is volunteering, so sometimes people don't have time) :)

Alex
08-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Okay, thank you very much Tilt! :3