PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone! =]

nix1985
08-25-2011, 12:56 PM
He-hey! Greetings!

I first made this account just to see images on some tutorial thread, but then I noticed that this forum is awesome and you guys are he best! =D

The thing is: I suck at digital art x_x
But I always try to make my maps for my rpg's...

Here's one exemple: http://warrior-within.deviantart.com/gallery/23674974#/d104ani

Anyway, today I'm working on a map that represents the upper part of the one in the link, which is from a RPG I master.

Sorry for my bad english, and thanks for your patience! xD

jbgibson
08-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Welcome, Nix. Well, if you don't like how your digital maps turn out, keep working with tables, and show them off via photography. The table map isn't at all bad, and I for sure haven't used such a distinctive medium!

And if you currently aren't as good as you like, tackle some of the tutorials, and you'll get better.

Your English is fine, by the way.

Rythal
08-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the guild!

and to be honest, handmade maps have a quality that digital maps can only dream of capturing. Keep up the good work; skill comes with practice. :)

nix1985
08-27-2011, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the kind words! n_n

I just finished the map I told; now I'm trying to make a digital version of it...

Not that I don't like handmade art, but my players says they're more realistics. o_

I mean: Handmade maps looks like maps, and with digital maps, it's like you're seen the land from above, not really the map of it.

xD

Steel General
08-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Welcome Aboard!