PDA

View Full Version : Grettings from Austria (not Australia ;) )

Kelron
09-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Hello all,

I`m a new cartographer with only a few hours of experience so far. I got into mapping because I write a fantasy novel and so there is a demand for good maps.

There is much to learn but I really love making maps :)

Rythal
09-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Cool! Welcome to the guild! :D

Jaxilon
09-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Welcome aboard!

"Put another shrimp on the barby, eh mate?" <-- sorry, ,couldn't resist..hopefully you know the movie reference - lol

Hugo Solis
09-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Welcome Kelron and join up the newby's cell! ;)

Redrobes
09-05-2011, 05:28 AM
Welcome, Salzburg is a nice place. Do you have any good pics of the ice caves around there ? Or the Lauterbrunnen areas ? We have a members map here if you would like to stick in a pin into it. Though we have had a number of people from Australia, I cant recall anyone else from Austria. (edit oops, Sapiento...)

Kelron
09-05-2011, 05:49 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome :) Some maps here are really impressing!

An Paul hogan is a true classic :D

... Do you have any good pics of the ice caves around there ? Or the Lauterbrunnen areas ? We have a members map here if you would like to stick in a pin into it. Though we have had a number of people from Australia, I cant recall anyone else from Austria.

By chance I have one, it was taken while we had a tour with our company. A plan of the mirabell garden would be a nice entry for the current LITE challenge though ;)

Of course I`ll add my pin, when I find it ;)

Redrobes
09-05-2011, 05:56 AM
Ohhh nice. Makes me want to starting booking up a short break to see it right now. If only I had the time and cash. Talking of the challenges there was one recently of mapping a mountain hide out and another of doing a fort or castle. There is a place I am told about where Hitler had some kind of amazingly impenetrable mountain lair with no entrance other than some kind of lift. That sounds like it would be a cool mapping project too.

Edit: Oh yeah here it is - check this out for a mountain retreat !
http://www.kehlsteinhaus.de/de/galerie/galerien/Helikopter_Impressionen/index.php?navid=11

Member map is linked in my sig, on the front page or via the community menu tab at the top.

Sapiento
09-05-2011, 06:21 AM
Welcome to the Guild!
Noch ein Salzburger, welch Freude! :)

Kelron
09-05-2011, 06:37 AM
Ohhh nice. Makes me want to starting booking up a short break to see it right now.
:)

Member map is linked in my sig, on the front page or via the community menu tab at the top.
These pics where nice! when I got better, maybe I`ll enter a challenge then. I`ve added my pin :)

Welcome to the Guild!
Noch ein Salzburger, welch Freude! :)
It`s a small world ;) I`m directly out of the city

Steel General
09-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Kelron
09-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Thank you :)

Mateus090985
09-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Accept my humble welcome!