PDA

View Full Version : For those of you interested in Heraldry...

gspRooster
09-15-2011, 04:24 PM
I found this not too long ago and it's been an excellent resource for me! Whether I'm actually designing my own heraldry for a character, organization, kingdom, etc, or simply need to steal one of the anonymous ones really quickly for something to show my players because they asked!

http://www.fantasyshields.com/

EDIT - Clicking "The Herald" link at the top takes you to the design page. Clicking "The Lists" takes you to a list of all the recently designed heraldry, some of them named by their creators, many of them anonymous.

ravells
09-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Very cool!!! I've seen a few heraldry generators but this is excellent.

Moved to mapping elements....this link must be preserved!

gspRooster
09-15-2011, 05:18 PM
You're welcome. :-)

eViLe_eAgLe
09-15-2011, 06:46 PM
What are the restrictions? And awesome btw. :)

Vascant
09-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Excellent find, thanks for sharing

Valtharius
09-15-2011, 09:20 PM
This is a fantastic resource! Thank you very much for posting it!

~Val

Kelron
09-16-2011, 01:47 AM
Nice, thanks for sharing :)

Steel General
09-16-2011, 06:20 AM
Great find, and thanks for posting.

Midgardsormr
09-16-2011, 01:49 PM
What are the restrictions? And awesome btw. :)

From the site's FAQ:

What are the terms of usage?

This image generator for heraldic shields and coat of arms is free for non commercial use. You may generate as many and as different designs as you choose and use for your own homepage, rpg campaigns, world building projects. Whatever. The creations from this are free to be used in the non commercial domain. Praise and credit by linking back to this page will obviously be appreciated but is not mandatory.

Each generated picture will be stored on this site and is displayed in the lists so you may come back later to redownload your creations or see what others have created in the meantime. By using this tool you agree that you are okay with this

No provisions are made for commercial use as far as I saw. You'd have to negotiate terms directly with the creator. It is implicit that fantasyshields.com retains ownership of the images, although depending on where the component images came from, that might not be so clear. From the looks of it, and the limited selection of components, I'd say that he's creating the imagery himself, so the entire generated image is almost certainly his property.

IANAL

Skari-dono
01-10-2012, 10:56 AM
This is excellent. I've been looking for something like this :)

Beehard
02-26-2013, 09:56 AM
terima kasih! (thank u) for info!

gspRooster
01-24-2014, 12:41 AM
Just thought I'd mention this has been updated with a demo of a version 2. It looks like a significant amount of version 2 is still in the works, but it allows more than one shield type, and he's working on a function to be able to save your heraldry and come back to it later. It appears to be coming along nicely,

fabiocmg
03-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Excellent link! It will be very usefull in my rpg campaign :O