PDA

View Full Version : Ink Maps

Lukc
09-24-2011, 04:22 PM
So, I've posted this on my introduction, but the low-down should go here. This is a bit of a trial sketch of the area around my town (ok, some of the names are fiddled, I admit that) that saw me playing around with sepia ink and a light-board. How do you find it? ... also, do you know where it is? :)

http://www.cartographersguild.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38708&d=1316890369

arsheesh
09-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Ooh, very nice! I love the clean hatch lines, and the color is very nice. Way to make an entrance in style Lukc!

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Lalaithion
09-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Is it in Italy?

Now the obvious choice, if it is in Italy, is somewhere near the Alps...

But without giving it a google search, I can not be sure.

Gallifreyan
09-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Wonderful map! I like the color choice and the mountain style is very nice. Repped!

Redrobes
09-24-2011, 09:43 PM
I had to check with google as I first thought it might be Czech because of all the č and ž (I can count to two in czech but three is impossible for me - dvě piva, prosím, its all you need !) but I believe were talking Slovenia yes ? I have to admit I don't know very much about Slovenia, its landscape and terrain. So more maps of your area please !

Welcome to the guild.

Lukc
09-25-2011, 04:06 AM
Yes, Redrobes, it's in Slovenia. Right along the Italian border (guess the big ITALIA kind of gave it away, Lalaithion ;)). The terrain here is pretty much mostly mountains and narrow valleys, so lots and lots of work, if you're doing an old-style map. I pretty much cut off the hills here where they go out of my region, since this was a concept for a regional tourist map. The final version is probably going to be digitally lettered, though I haven't decided on a font-set yet.

Oh, and if you say "dve pivi" here, it means the same thing - 2 beers. :idea: