PDA

View Full Version : Fallicium

Neyjour
09-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Hi all. This is my first map post here at CG. I'm fairly new to map-making, but I hope you enjoy this. :)

It was done in PSP8, using textures from CGTextures, user art/elements from the Dundjinni forums/archives, and some stock/resources from deviantART.

I don't really have much of a story or in-depth info for this one...just a basic idea that it's a mysterious, hidden monument that is not at all what people believe it to be. Hence the name Fallicium: from the word "fallacy". :)

A larger, full-rez version can be downloaded at my deviantART gallery (if you want to play on it): HERE (http://neyjour.deviantart.com/#/d4avo2b)

EDIT: Ooops! I made a typo in the subject title. It should be Fallicium, not Fellicium. I'm not able to edit it, so if a mod would be kind enough to change it for me, I'd really appreciate it. :)

tilt
09-25-2011, 03:31 PM
hi Neyjour, looks good - love the background texture. I would have like to be able to zoom in more without having to swing by dA ;)
so is all done with stock - or have you done some stuff yourself (except from putting it together of course)?

... I've changed the title of the thread for you :) ... looking forward to seeing more from you

Neyjour
09-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks very much tilt. :)

Yes, it's pretty much done 100% with free resources (I couldn't paint digitally to save my life). :P

The only parts that come from me are the little things to bring all the pieces together and make it cohesive. Blending the background textures, changes to colour/saturation/contrast, layering, the raised stones in the caverns, the glowing lights, etc.

Sorry for the trip over to DA! I zip the larger resolution for people who want to actually play on them...I didn't really think about others wanting to just view them that large.

tilt
09-25-2011, 05:37 PM
most people in here love to take in the details - there is a limit though, I think 4,7 Megs for a jpg and 23 Megapixels (but might be mistaken), if you use the "go advanced" button, there is an image uploader which also produces a thumbnail for the post automatically :)
And don't sell yourself short either - putting stuff together takes skill too - I've spent a lot of my time doing just that in magazines and such, of course there is still creativity involved there too - but its also alot about the puzzle of fitting it all together :)

Diamond
09-26-2011, 02:08 AM
That's great work; I'm imagining an ominous hummmmmmm coming from that glowing crystal thingy...

jfrazierjr
09-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Heh.. yea.. I can see that thing on the middle right being some big ole whirling blades of death! ;)

jfrazierjr
09-26-2011, 08:35 AM
BTW, did you do the distort on the "sewer" floor tiles? That distortion truly makes it pop out and look like the floor is sloped toward the middle.

Neyjour
09-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks very much everyone. :)

tilt: Thank you for the tip on how to manage attachments. I've uploaded a larger version (2000x2000).

jfrazierjr: The distortion is part of the original art. I didn't do anything to the pipes except to add some grunge brushes. That whole set is extremely well made and very nicely detailed, with a ton of different options. With some pieces, the distortion doesn't match up too well, but there are a number of "connector" pieces you can use to cover that.

Bogie
01-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Great map Neyjour, very artistic and very playable!

The original modular sewer set was created by IronDwarf and is posted at the DundJinni Forums. It is a huge set with a total of 142 MB if you download all the components.
Click here to go to the download page at Dundjinni. http://dundjinni.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=11560&KW=sewer

Neyjour
01-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks so much Bogie! :D

I really wish I'd found the zip files first instead of downloading each piece individually from the DJ archives. LOL!! Oh well... *sigh* :o