PDA

View Full Version : March Entry: Not ... I dont know

Torq
03-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi all

Here is the start of my attempt. I had to modify the layout very slightly to give some substance to the "walls with no width". Any crits or suggestions most welcome. I will try to add features that are interesting enough to avoid this conversation:

Wizard: This seems strange, these winding passages that seem to turn back on themselves, its almost as if this place was created by some arcane other worldly intelligence, I shall have my spells handy.
Cleric: Check the map again.
Thief: I've checked it! I'm sure of it, three almost identical passages that follow almost the same path and end up in the same chamber, what evil chicanery is this?
Fighter: No it cant be...perhaps...Could it be this is actually....a RGD!!!!
All: A what????
Fighter: A randomly generated dungeon.

Fade out to the sound of screaming.

Torq

ravells
03-04-2008, 04:19 PM
That is one beautiful lookin' floor. I love the breakage.

The Cartographist
03-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Wizard: This seems strange, these winding passages that seem to turn back on themselves, its almost as if this place was created by some arcane other worldly intelligence, I shall have my spells handy.
Cleric: Check the map again.
Thief: I've checked it! I'm sure of it, three almost identical passages that follow almost the same path and end up in the same chamber, what evil chicanery is this?
Fighter: No it cant be...perhaps...Could it be this is actually....a RGD!!!!
All: A what????
Fighter: A randomly generated dungeon.

Fade out to the sound of screaming.

Not that I am any different, but you are BIZARRE. Hilarious.

Torq
03-07-2008, 03:42 PM
OK. I had some time to add a few things. The elf took his own life when he too realised he was in a RGD.

Torq

pyrandon
03-07-2008, 08:40 PM
This looks great, Torq!

alucard339
03-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I realy love the dark side you are giving to your map Torq.
To think like that I guess the elf is from Darksun, no? :P

I can't wait to see what you will do with the other rooms (maybe the formians should leave a notice on the table saying that they are not paid enough for the torture of being used in a RGD, so they quit) :?:.

Take care,
Alu.

Torq
03-08-2008, 05:18 PM
The elf was from Ravenloft, but that was a picnic compared with all this wandering around with no vivible exits, no design logic, and coping with the age old existential question "Am I perhaps a randomly generated elf?"

Torq

Torq
03-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Added a bit of light and shadow. Took a lot more time than I thought it would.

Torq

Torq
03-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Added some more bits.

Torq

Torq
03-12-2008, 04:35 PM
I think I'm getting there, not much more to do now.

Torq

Torq
03-22-2008, 06:50 PM
OK. Here is the final entry for this month. Its been great fun doing and I've finally found a name for it. Unfortunately I dont know how to change the title of the thread to correspond. Great idea to get so much participation this month.

Goog luck to all.

Torq

delgondahntelius
03-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Bad Seed Vaults.... I love it.. lol Great Title...

and unfortunately, you can change the title of the post by goin gto advance message, but it won't change it in the thread... I'm guessing to keep people from making it confusing by changing the titles of their threads .. imagine the chaos that would ensue!...

ravells
03-24-2008, 07:12 AM
That is an absolutely brilliant entry Torq! Congrats!

Torq
03-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks Ravs. Same to you. Some of us take a bit longer to complete entries. We cant all whip up materpieces of retro satire in a few days. Long time no post, welcome back.

Torq