PDA

View Full Version : March Entry: Your father looks like a krenshar

Redrobes
03-04-2008, 07:44 PM
A pretty standard kind of thing from me this month. Usual sort of texturing with icon stamps on top. I had all the bits except the wood paneling & posts for the walls, the manacles and the dung... obviously ! So well done to the wikipedia for producing some excellent public domain dung pics. The guy who made that topic was a real trooper.

Gamerprinter
03-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I had to look up "Krenshar" in the D20 SRD - never heard of them, but I'm more of a 2nd Edition and before guy.

I was expecting another 3D map from you, like I'm trying to do!

I like your Pile of Poo!

Since this dungeon has no defined entrance, I'm creating an outhouse hole above on the surface, access to the dungeon is only through this hole. So a light cone shining down from above lighting up the manure pile is going to be my entrance to this place... :P

Redrobes
03-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I had to look up "Krenshar" in the D20 SRD - never heard of them, but I'm more of a 2nd Edition and before guy.I could remember the head but that was it. I had to refresh my brain too. I couldn't remember Formians at all tho.

I was expecting another 3D map from you, like I'm trying to do!I almost didn't do a map since everyone has every angle covered but I thought ahh hell lets do one. But I didn't want to put too much effort into it. I am glad your going 3D - it will be interesting.

I like your Pile of Poo!Thanks, you know, I think your the first person to have ever said that !!!

...a light cone shining down from above lighting up the manure pile is going to be my entrance to this place... :POh yeah, bring it on !!! Fantastic. 8)

NeonKnight
03-05-2008, 01:53 AM
The Krenshar:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/NB_Gallery/Krenshar.jpg

Redrobes
03-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Was just reviewing the text of the challenge and noticed that I was missing a lot of stuff like the traps and different door types etc so I have made a few changes. Got some proper bellows in now and some nice fire and lightning.

### Latest WIP ###

alucard339
03-13-2008, 06:47 AM
I like the fact that you mixe-up 3D high res. for the layout with 2d handraw for the furnitures.
It gives it a cool unusual look.

cia,
Alu.

Redrobes
03-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Thats a style I have been perfecting for years....

or it could be that I am just real lazy !

I have a script to generate some of the background and lots of tokens in different styles. The bellows is line art, pit is low color stuff, flames and lightning are munged from photos etc - What we might call a Heinz 57 in the UK !

Hows this for a 1 minute dungeon tunnel set... 8)