PDA

View Full Version : Podcast interview with GMS Magazine

torstan
10-01-2011, 05:45 PM
In case people are interested, I was interviewed by GMS magazine on the topic of maps and cartography. You can find the podcast here:
http://gmsmagazine.podbean.com/2011/10/01/the-gms-magazine-podcast-episode-14/

My bit turns up at 1h18 (it's a long podcast, but if you've got the time, the earlier interview with Scott Gray is pretty interesting).

RobA
10-01-2011, 07:07 PM
In case people are interested, I was interviewed by GMS magazine on the topic of maps and cartography. You can find the podcast here:
http://gmsmagazine.podbean.com/2011/10/01/the-gms-magazine-podcast-episode-14/

My bit turns up at 1h18 (it's a long podcast, but if you've got the time, the earlier interview with Scott Gray is pretty interesting).

Dr Roberts - the coolest geek on the planet, eh :)

Our second interviewee is probably the coolest geek on the planet. Anyone with a doctorate in Astrophysics and Dark Matter who can also create some of the most stunningly gorgeous maps on this Earth has to be a totally cool

BTW - congratulations on the interview!

-Rob A>

torstan
10-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Hmmm, yes I wasn't sure how to deal with that so I decided to just let that slip quietly by :)

It was fun to get a chance to chat to them about mapping - especially when they give such positive reviews. I tried to get a good set of plugs in there for the CG too, so hopefully some people find their way over here.

Ramah
10-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Really enjoyed that interview, Jon. You articulated everything really well and I thought the interviewer asked a lot of pertinent questions so it was all good. Your shoutout for the CG forum was good too. :)
Well done.

ravells
10-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Me too! Just finished listening to it! Man, you are so fluent, hardly an 'um' or an 'er' anywhere!

You do realise you ARE the Brian Cox equivalent pin-up for the CG!

Djekspek
10-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Gratz on the interview! and I agree with the posters above as I really enjoyed listening to this. cheers, DJ

Ascension
10-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Ravi beat beat me to the Brian Cox allusion, so :P Good stuff.

torstan
10-02-2011, 10:31 PM
:) Actually have had to do some work with Brian Cox - thoroughly nice guy. Definitely doesn't deserve the ribbing he's been getting on Radio 4 recently.

It was fun to do, and I'm really glad it's interesting to people. It's very odd to have people listening. That's one less level of separation from the internet - which is a little strange.

Ascension
10-03-2011, 12:06 AM
I rather like Brian's shows here on the Science Channel (US). Didn't know he was getting made fun of by folks. Probably just jealous guys who want their own shows. :)