PDA

View Full Version : Finaly at home

Schwarzkreuz
10-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I just came across this website and was thinking: Why didnt I know this place sooner?
This is realy amazing and inspiring. At the moment I work on a map for a studyproject and the works here are realy pushing my limits. I have always draw maps, but in a more childish enthusiasm. So now I will go to the next step and read some of the tuts here.

Thanks CG, this making my life more enjoyable.

jbgibson
10-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Glad we could improve your life ! :-) If you will jump into those tutorials with all your existing enthusiasm, I think you'll find your map abilities growing by leaps and bounds. What tools do you have access to?

Rythal
10-03-2011, 10:28 PM
We live to serve. Welcome to the Guild. : D

Schwarzkreuz
10-03-2011, 11:17 PM
I use normal 80g plain white paper and a Pilot G-Tec-C3 (0,3) Gel-Pen, a Intuos4 A4 Wide + Soft-Tip Stylus and Adobe PS CS4. I have worked on maps all my free time, whenever I had a trip in a train or something, I used to doodle around in a sketchbook. Well now I have collected about 20 Maps of my Mainworld and want to do a small Atlas as a Project for Artschool.

Steel General
10-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Welcome Aboard!

jbgibson
10-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Atlas as project - good, that. Always good to find ways for one's interests to pay off in school.

Do you do any pen & paper for starters, then shift to working in PS on a scan of the original?