PDA

View Full Version : Drakthos Island - Craze

Craze
10-04-2011, 06:05 PM
So this is my second post here on the forums and I am now into my second season of the campaign I am doing and we have moved to a new land. I am about a month away before it begins but I have finished the entire story and history of this land and now the map must be made. This is about three days work so far so I am looking for an critique or advice you guys can give.

This forum has been a great source of inspiration and help in the past so I am hoping for the same this time!

Enjoy, Drakthos the Island of the long horn.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j331/Necroww/Test.jpg

Schwarzkreuz
10-04-2011, 06:11 PM
I think the Titlefont dont match, becouse its to 60' somehow, and the line thickness of the Icons and some Mountains dont match with the more fineline Forest Icons. It is a collage of very different sources so I would only surgest to level the different lineworks with each other out. so you will get a more coherent look.And try some more old looking or fantasy fonts, it could create more atmossphere. perhaps and handwriting font would do better, with the sketchy Mapstyle

Freodin
10-06-2011, 07:16 AM
I like the basic outline, and the colour scheme is quite nice. The sketch approach is also well done... at least in parts. You should strive to keep a consistent style. I guess you used brushes a lot?

Also you went a little overboard with the river going down to Arakan Keep... it doesn't really originate in the opposite sea, does it?

Lalaithion
10-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Try using some of the tips in this thread to help weather the text. Old Paper and Faded Text (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?7648-Old-Paper-Faded-Text&highlight=faded+text)

Saule
10-07-2011, 08:06 AM
I really like the outline. The overall style looks good; but like the others said it'd probably work better if you limit yourself to a couple of brushes. Too many different trees, mountains, etc make it a bit messy.

Craze
10-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Thanks guys! I applied most of the finalized changes and would you know it at the last week they changed the campaign and story on me... --_-- well back to the drawing table for another outline! I am going to take all this and apply it to the new map! I will post the draft of it on here soon so I can make the changes based on your opinions! Thanks again guys much respect!