PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

fairmile
10-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Just dropping a short note to say hi, and to introduce myself.
I have absolutely no experience with this sort of thing but I'm driven to learn a bit more about the mapmaking process.
I guess I'm a lover of all things cartographic/hydrographic. I can honestly say that I fell in love with maps when I was learning ocean navigation. As a result I spend far too long map-gazing. Adding the element of imagination and, of course, I was always going to end up here.
Hope to meet you all in good time.

Redrobes
10-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Welcome to the guild. We have had lots of talk about ocean navigation in the past and all those Rhumb lines you see on maps. If you think that there is much to say on the matter then by all means post about map reading out in the ocean with no points of reference other than the sun and stars to go by. That would be an interesting post I think.

And you know what, we should have a "map a pirate map" as a compo challenge for doing some hydrographic maps. Its been a long while...

Lukc
10-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Welcome and hello! :)

jbgibson
10-16-2011, 11:29 PM
Welcome! <waves hello> We've got something to learn from every person that joins - stick an oar in whenever you sea you can add a drop of info to the current discussion, or if nothing sounds like it'll answer your questions, launch a new thread. Oh, buoy, I'd better shut up now.....

Steel General
10-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Welcome Aboard!