PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a closet cartographer :)

HGLou
10-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Hello there :)

Its only polite to introduce myself as im new to the forum :)
Im HGLou or just Lou. I enjoy creating and recreating maps,but im old school and do everything with a pencil and some graph paper :) Its a hobby / slight obsession of mine but not one may of my friends and family know about (you'd understand if you met me why you wouldn't put me and mapping together in a million years) . I'm interested in talking to people who share a similar interest in hand drawn maps and also recreating fantasy maps ( Tolkiens Middle Earth is an obvious but fun one and Paolinis Aleglesia is another) and im also interested in starting to digitally create maps ( im not fully convinced at the moment though :)). Im also interested in sharing my work with people who will offer constructive feed back and learning from people who have been mapping for a much longer time than I have :) feel free to get in touch and ask me any questions about my work. A general overview of current projects at the moment would be 3 main maps titled "Xoc" "W2" and "R.A.W." ( my first commissioned piece for a close friend of mine ) ,

peace out and happy mapping

x

eViLe_eAgLe
10-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the Guild! I love Alegesia too, same with Middle earth!

Steel General
10-21-2011, 06:39 AM
Welcome Aboard!

tilt
10-21-2011, 09:14 AM
welcome to the guild - If you make a WIP thread for your maps, you can get help and critique while working :)