PDA

View Full Version : Hey all :)

Centerfield97
11-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Evening all :)

My name's Matt, and I'm that typical "makes fantasy worlds in my head and draws out maps but wants to become better at it" guy. I'm very eager to learn from some of the very skilled cartographers here, as it's something that greatly interests me :) I look forward to meeting people here!

maxsdaddy
11-03-2011, 10:19 PM
:) Hello Matt,
I'm new to this site too, been reading fantasy literature as long as I can remember, drawing maps and making up adventures in my head and acting them out playing with my friends as a kid using sticks as swords and magic staffs. I'm 47
now and happy to see my son has the same imagination. He amazes me constantly creating new D&D character classes as
he draws areas for them to interact in.

jbgibson
11-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Hi, Matt. Yeah, you've pretty much nailed a large part of the Guild's demographic :-). Pick a tutorial or three, dive in, and post your work-in-progress -- you'll garner all kinds of aid & assistance. For starters - do you have digital graphics tools at hand, or are you even still picking out your toolkit? I tell folks that if they've already got a lot of worldbuilding in your head, you're halfway there toward maps on paper or screen.

Welcome to the Guild, and we look forward to your participation as well.

Hugo Solis
11-04-2011, 12:51 AM
Hola Matt

You landed in the perfect spot, pull a chair, grab a scroll and start maping with all of us! :)

tilt
11-04-2011, 03:52 AM
welcome to the guild. Good to hear the map-making and rpg'ing is being passed down to the next generation. My kids are still a little young, but my 6 year old daugther does enjoy drawing treasure maps :)

Steel General
11-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Welcome Aboard!

NeonKnight
11-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

Centerfield97
11-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the kind welcomes everyone :)

Hi, Matt. Yeah, you've pretty much nailed a large part of the Guild's demographic :-). Pick a tutorial or three, dive in, and post your work-in-progress -- you'll garner all kinds of aid & assistance. For starters - do you have digital graphics tools at hand, or are you even still picking out your toolkit? I tell folks that if they've already got a lot of worldbuilding in your head, you're halfway there toward maps on paper or screen.

Welcome to the Guild, and we look forward to your participation as well.

I have GIMP and Photoshop 7! Near zero experience with both, but it's worth a try :)