PDA

View Full Version : November Entry: The Wyvern Hunter

Djekspek
11-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Hey guys, I got some inspiration and need some distraction during commission work so I'm gonne try throw something in. Got inspired by a very bad movie "Age of Dragons" where they use land based ships to hunt dragons. My version is a Goblin prototype of one of these ships. The "engine" consists of multiple large rhino-like creatures. The first ship of this class, the "Wyvern Hunter", sailed out but crew and ship were destroyed at the first encounter with a dragon. The large smoke column rising from the location the ship inspired the Goblins to create a new version using stone and metal in stead of wood. Rumor has it, they actually managed to kill a dragon with one of these new versions. Unfortunately only the plans of the first prototype remain today. cheers, DJ

### Latest WIP ###

ravells
11-13-2011, 10:56 AM
That looks beautiful! Amazing as always, Dj!

Steel General
11-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Nicely done Djekspek.

I saw that movie, it was a takeoff of Moby Dick IIRC.

Lukc
11-15-2011, 05:20 AM
Oh, that's a lovely one! I like!

furiousuk
11-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Cracking work, I particularly like the 'engine'!

Djekspek
11-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys, I added some shades and colors and probably will call it finished (maybe some last tuning). Doing this I found out I never did a top-down map of some interior. So again I learned a lot on how to color and give depth to top-down stuff (nothing beats joining the monthly challenge to do some experimenting with something new :D ) cheers, DJ

### Latest WIP ###

Jaxilon
11-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Awesome possum stuff DJ. I also got some great ideas from that bad movie :) Funny how even watching a bad movie doesn't bother as much now that I'm using it for mental fodder.

ravells
11-17-2011, 05:14 AM
I just love it. Spent quite a few minutes exploring it....just fantastic!

Djekspek
11-18-2011, 08:04 PM
thanks guys, and indeed bad movies can still be bearable. I have this odd thing for fantasy movies, I just want to see them, even if they get flamed by the critics (I even saw the dungeon and dragons movie with the cardboard armor :). Anyway, I did some final presentation stuff adding some lines and symbols nothing special. cheers, DJ

### Latest WIP ###

Ramah
11-19-2011, 06:17 AM
Love it, man. :)

mearrin69
11-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Hmmph...glad I didn't bother to enter. :) Really nice work!
M

tilt
11-21-2011, 10:46 AM
thats really cool Djekspek - nice colors, and "cute" cartonish lineart :)

Djekspek
11-22-2011, 05:31 PM
thanks guys! and Mearrin I'm glad you didn't enter as well ;) just kidding, for me the challenge is really about trying out new stuff and also since the nr. of entries the past few months wasn't too big I really wanted to throw something in again this month. cheers, DJ

tilt
11-24-2011, 03:29 AM
just edited your title - added "November Entry:" :)