PDA

View Full Version : VOTING *** November 2011 Challenge - Vehicular Visions ***

tilt
11-28-2011, 05:08 AM
This month challenge is over and its time to vote. There are five maps to vote for which means you get TWO (2) votes this time around.
Check THUMBNAILS (http://www.cartographersguild.com/challenge_thumbs.php?type=regular) to see who to vote for :)

Remember:
To rep the ones you vote for and/or like
Be a gentleman - don't vote for yourself

The voting will end in 5 days.

EricPoehlsen
11-28-2011, 06:15 AM
My votes to the 'Wyvern Hunter' and the 'Icarus 4000' ... unfortunatly I can't rep Alkerbetz again ...

Sinnyo
11-28-2011, 07:40 AM
I only see five voting options and five thumbnails - just checking, but are the six maps you mention in the leading post a typing error? :)

mearrin69
11-28-2011, 10:46 AM
That cruiseship...wow. Impressive stuff from everyone this month!
M

tilt
11-29-2011, 05:07 AM
I only see five voting options and five thumbnails - just checking, but are the six maps you mention in the leading post a typing error? :)

thanks, edited it - there actually was 6 contest threads - but it turned out one of them didn't get around to submit an entry :)

cereth
11-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Wow, Awesome entries. I wish I had time this month to participate.

Had to go with the cruise-ship...the detail on that is amazing. Well thought out and executed. Congrats to everyone, though!

Lukc
11-29-2011, 04:27 PM
I went with the Icarus for the fun and detailed backstory and the cruise ship for the sheer awesome mind boggling celestial scale of it! :)

maxsdaddy
11-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Wyvern and Icarus for my votes, and good work from the other entrants also.

tilt
11-30-2011, 03:18 AM
great entries again this month, I went with djespek and EricP

Akerbeltz: really love the retro feel of this, and the side view is fantastic - if you had had time to expand on the deck plans it might have gotten my vote this month :)
Djespek: Beautiful art as always and a fun idea as well. Fun that you were the only one who went with a fantasy theme this time around :)
EricP: Wow - what a fantastic work you've done here - the graphics are simple but works for a map of this size - great work :)
Midgaard: Love the old school look of this bring me back to Traveller back in the 80s :) ... to bad you didn't get to finish the whole thing
Sinnyo: cute chubby little ship - got an autocamper kind of feel to it - the live-in-little-trader :)

Akerbeltz
11-30-2011, 02:56 PM
This was a cool challenge. I wish I would have finished. It was my first foray into this sort of non-freehand vector work. Most of the time frustration got the best of me after putting in a hour or two of fiddling with nodes. Still, I learnt quite a bit working on the map as far as it got.

My votes went for EricPoehlsen's insane, mindblowingly detailed plan, and Sinnyo's space ship which although small had a beautiful design.

Djekspek
11-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Indeed a nice challenge with great pieces. My 1st vote was for the cruiseship: what an amazing amount of details. When I'm old and on a cruise, I expect a poster like this on every deck of that ship :) My 2nd vote went to the Icarus, love the info/layout and clean and crisp linework. The deepspace- and the class-S souts are also very striking pieces, and as a map I like them as much as the Icarus. It was the presentation of these that was in my eye slightly less then the Icarus, so I chose to pick the Icarus. Thanks all for entering and hope to see you next month :D And of course, rep for all... cheers, DJ

Elzevir
12-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Voted!

The Cruiseship is just... impressive! The kind of map you want to put your finger on and imagine you are a tiny character making his way into.
The Wyvern Hunter made me think of a medieval mail-order catalogue, if anything like this ever existed...
I really liked the Icarus but it missed a je-ne-sais-quoi to make me twirl my whiskers.

mearrin69
12-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Wow. Close race this month! If there weren't two votes I'd have had a really hard time.

When's the new challenge?! :)
M

tilt
12-03-2011, 03:51 AM
new challenge is up mearrin, been up for..... several seconds now ;)

ravells
12-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Great comp and grats to DJ and Eric for such a close run race!

tilt
12-03-2011, 06:07 PM
congrats EricP on your win - we'll get right on finding you one of those medals... now where did we put them... I'll check the attic ;)

Djekspek
12-03-2011, 07:05 PM
hehe, close call ... gratz EricP on the well deserved win and -of course- the shiny medal! :) cheers, DJ

EricPoehlsen
12-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Thanks all who voted for my crazy project :D -

Katto
12-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Congratulations Eric! It was a fantastic entry (and yes, also a bit crazy :D, but those are the best).

Diamond
12-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Aw, I was gone too much this month to even vote, much less participate. :(

jesuisbenjamin
12-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Can't see thumbnails :\

tilt
12-07-2011, 05:52 PM
@jesuis - nope, as the voting has ended the threads are moved to archive and thus the thumbnail script has nothing to pick up anymore :/