PDA

View Full Version : WiP: a community in Tarina...

mearrin69
12-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Hi all,
I'm going to be writing a short adventure for BlackStar Studios (they will distribute it free of charge to promote their Shadowlands campaign setting). The adventure will be set in a small community within in the huge city of Tarina (see my map of that city in my gallery or the Finished Maps section). In addition to a 'dungeon' map there will be an overview of the community. I had considered doing an overhead style but found the attached pic in my reference folder from when I was working on the city. So, now I'm thinking iso or similar might be a good style. Anybody got any advice (besides "go hire Djekspek")? :)
M

NB, this will become my WiP thread. I may well just do a 3/4 view sketch of the area as a starter.

Lukc
12-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Hmm ... maybe use a reference made in Sketch Up to provide guides for a detailed drawing and painting afterwards? That's all the suggestion I'd give for now, since I'm too inexperienced in this kind of drawing/mapping.

Robber Baron
12-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Pretty awesome!

Gluhoded
12-18-2011, 04:19 AM
Beautiful isometric!

mearrin69
12-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Sorry to mislead! That's not my image...found it on the web. Just wanted to show an example of a style I was considering. :)

In further news, I've narrowed down the location in Tarina: Anatomo Island (see attached snip from the city map). I've (very roughly) sketched out the neighborhood I plan on showing. Still not 100% sold on doing it iso. These two actually *are* my work! :)

Other maps in the book will be a diagram of Forum Anatomo (the island's main marketplace building...the rectangular red-roofed one near the top of the island's main hill) and a hideout used by a group of thieves.
M

anstett
12-21-2011, 06:15 PM
I like the idea of the ISO drawing for flavor because it also makes it easy to see the relative building heights.

BOB