PDA

View Full Version : Cordoland

Sapiento
12-19-2011, 01:52 PM
I was bored and did a quick map.

Freodin
12-19-2011, 03:41 PM
I'm a little undecied on the orange background colour... else the map is top notch again.

Clercon
12-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Very nice, but I agree with Freodin regarding the colour. A more traditional sepia colour might have been better in my opinion. Apart from that, great map.

Sapiento
12-20-2011, 03:15 AM
Very nice, but I agree with Freodin regarding the colour. A more traditional sepia colour might have been better in my opinion. Apart from that, great map.

I'm a little undecied on the orange background colour... else the map is top notch again.

Thank you. It was my attempt to use another colour scheme for this map.

Lukc
12-20-2011, 04:35 AM
You has no forests! How do they build shipses? Out of seaweed mixed with the magickal poop of the sunrise seagull? :)

Otherwise, an interesting colour palette, a bit dark for my taste.

Sapiento
12-20-2011, 04:43 AM
You has no forests! How do they build shipses? Out of seaweed mixed with the magickal poop of the sunrise seagull? :)

Otherwise, an interesting colour palette, a bit dark for my taste.

Yes, no forests. It's a barren land. But at least they can imagine how a ship would look like! ;)

afters
12-20-2011, 09:44 AM
I personally love this color scheme. It's different, and it gives a sense of how barren the land is.

Steel General
12-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Quality stuff as usual Sapiento, though the color scheme is a bit hard on my eyes.

rdanhenry
12-22-2011, 02:53 AM
I like the color.

The ship could be a foreign trader.

The only issue I have is a bit of the labeling. "Plain of Durka" is a little jumbled up with the city names there. I figured it out easily enough, but it could be more readable. Some kind of visible difference in the labels to visually group the "Plain" "of" and "Durka" distinct from the cities would have been nice, but that's a minor quibble on a quick map out of boredom.

Sapiento
12-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Maybe I'll soon be bored again, then I will be a little more careful with the colour.

jbgibson
12-27-2011, 05:57 PM
As usual, your boredom beats my hard work. With a stick :-). Delightful results.

C'mon Lukc, don't you know the treeless ship recipe? Knit it out of wool, dip in asphalt, bake at 240 degrees for six weeks. The surface leaves marks on your clothing, but they hold up well in light winds. Hard part is getting the dragon wingbones for the mast and yard.....

anstett
12-27-2011, 11:36 PM
I know I might (likely) be way off on my interpretation of the color scheme but I see that and think, red planet sand dunes.

BOB

pulling on steam punk goggles and hoisting the sails on the schooner, who needs ships when we have sand dunes to crest?

Sapiento
12-28-2011, 03:54 AM
Thank you, guys!

Interesting ideas for shipbuilding and colour interpretation! ;)

Lukc
12-28-2011, 04:29 AM
As usual, your boredom beats my hard work. With a stick :-). Delightful results.

C'mon Lukc, don't you know the treeless ship recipe? Knit it out of wool, dip in asphalt, bake at 240 degrees for six weeks. The surface leaves marks on your clothing, but they hold up well in light winds. Hard part is getting the dragon wingbones for the mast and yard.....

Asphalt ships on the sea of dreams. Sounds lovely!

This reminds me of some of the bizarre recipes from my D&D game ... at a certain point the players started hiring parties of labourers and masons to carry out every bit of carving, metalwork, decoration, etc. from the dungeon, since they decided "everything has value" and "we are, like, archeologists, you know?".