PDA

View Full Version : River crossing

weem
03-16-2008, 06:57 PM
This is something I just did in order to quickly test out some dirt, water and grass. It's a small portion of a much larger image. Thoughts?

http://www.reddragonmaps.com/images/samples/river_crossing.jpg

Midgardsormr
03-16-2008, 08:47 PM
A little bit of feathering along the edges of the contours would make them blend together nicely, I think. Did you texture the center part of the river channel, too? Reducing the opacity of the water a touch more might let it show through better if you did. If not, then I'd say the water's opacity is about perfect.

It's got a nice illustrative look to it. Maybe a little bit cartoony, but that's not a bad thing if it suits the mood you're after.

pyrandon
03-16-2008, 10:46 PM
I really like the edges of the grass! Well done: a good blend between illustravie & realistic. Nice.

Gamerprinter
03-17-2008, 12:39 PM
I haven't been around every kind of river, but the edge of the water along the sandbank seems too rounded, too smooth. Even a slow moving river would have more undulations. This somehow looks alittle artificial.

Textures look good though and as Pyrandon suggested, the edge of the grass has a very realistic quality to it.

weem
03-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the feedback so far ;) I'll be playing with it more tonight (I hope) with this info in mind.

Sigurd
03-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Needs more map :)

Show us the rest !

Sigurd