PDA

View Full Version : Wilbur Problems

tronos76
01-01-2012, 03:29 AM
HI all,

having problems using Wilbur v1.77. Have imported PNG file from PS. Everything going ok until I try and use the Erosion/Incise Flow tool. I'm going from a tutorial and doing ok so I'm very frustrated that I can't go to the next step. Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
Dave
Australia

waldronate
01-01-2012, 05:12 AM
What's it not doing that you expect that it should do? Example images of the problem are very helpful here.

Generally, you'll want do a Filter>>Fill>>Fill Basins before doing an incise flow. It's unlikely that your surface is connected in a hydraulic sense and the fill basins tool will do that for you. The process outlined in http://www.ridgenet.net/~jslayton/FunWithWilburVol1/index.html steps "Fill Basins" to "Set Map Extents" is an excellent way to work with surfaces in Wilbur.

tronos76
01-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the reply Waldronate. It seems that after waiting for about 2mins, the program finally responds and I can enter variables. Thanks too for the link. I have been there from the start as it is part of the tut (Chucks' atlas style) that I was working through. A bit annoying with the "not responding" thing but as long as it eventually works I can use it. If I have any more hassles I'll try to get some screen shots etc up.

Thanks again.

waldronate
01-01-2012, 10:18 PM
The apparent lack of response happened when the conversion to multi-threading happened. It was a tradeoff between having a speedup proportional to the number of cores and the a minor user interface glitch.