View Full Version : Upgrades - Give me a skill roll

01-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Due to my wife's PC crashing about once an hour and my system requirements having gone up after getting into all this digital artwork I am finally going to get some needed upgrades.

Last night I went to fry's electronics and bought new Mobo, cpu, ram, power supply, Win7 (never used that before), and a new graphics card. The goal is to rebuild my machine and use my existing gear to rebuild my wife's. I hope I'm back within a couple days at least.

Baring any real issues I should be back back tomorrow but we'll see.

Here goes my skill roll :)

01-09-2012, 02:45 PM
good luck Jax :)

01-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Target number is 15+ Better roll real high. :) Best of luck !!

01-09-2012, 07:56 PM
I feel your pain. Built two home computers and three for work, and it always seemed I was on the wrong side of the cutting edge. I finally gave up on the building and just bought off the shelf and upgraded components to fit the need. Good luck and hope to see you back here soon.

01-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Natural 1! now which system are we using roll high or low? :D

Good luck,

01-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Looks like I did alright folks. I just have the great fun of reinstalling all my software...boring. I am happy to have a nice clean install when I'm done plus I did some disk partitioning and organizing which I hope will last me a good while. After all is installed I get to make sure I have everything I used to or at least the documents I still want/need.

I have checked all my steam stuff seems to be working and I didn't loose my savegames for Skyrim! (gotta check the important stuff first, lol).

As for all my artwork that's on a drive that didn't get changed. Of course, I do have to reinstall Gimp and get that all back the way I like....that's gonna take a bit :(. I am forever tweaking it. Have to get all my add on stuff reset, try to find my brushes again.

whew..I'm tired already, maybe I go take a nap.