View Full Version : January 2012 Entry-TableTop Game Map

01-12-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm going for the look of an old temple that is being used again. Some of it will look newer, some a little older, and some older than that.
Still have quite a ways to go, but here's what I've got so far.

The materials I'm using are: FoamCore Board, 1 inch Foam Insulation, Packing Mold.

01-13-2012, 02:53 AM
Looks interesting! :)

01-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Off to an excellent start!! More ambitious than I would be ;) Looking forward to seeing it completed.

01-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks Lukc. Interesting is good.;)

lostatsea- It has less to do with ambition than time and research. I'd love to see what you'd come up with. Thanks for the compliment.

01-14-2012, 12:28 AM
That right there looks pretty darn cool so far.

01-14-2012, 04:26 AM
really cool dangerdog - look very much forward to seeing more... and sooo glad for more people entering :)

01-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Diamond-Thanks for the compliment! I love group projects like this.

tilt-When I saw that there was a mapping challenge on this forum, I got excited. I can't wait til the next one! :)

01-18-2012, 04:27 PM
I just painted the entire piece in a dark brown. Now on to the dry-brushing. :P

Master TMO
01-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Oh, you crazy crafty folks, with your artistic abilities and free time! :P Fie upon you all!

01-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Way too much time and very crafty. :P

01-20-2012, 07:19 PM
That is so cool.

01-24-2012, 04:23 AM
looks great you got a better brown than me - I went to light... lol... I wondered - how did you make the bricks? The squares on the ground - are they 1 inch? :)

01-24-2012, 01:02 PM
tilt-The squares on the ground are one inch, and were scored into one inch thick foam insulation (with a pencil). The bricks were done with a process I've been using for a couple years. I bought some cheap foam-core board at the Dollar store (because the paper peals off easier). I peal the paper off one of the sides (for really sticky paper, this involves the careful use of warm water). Then I use a stamping tool, made from an old paint brush. Take a brush, pull out all of the bristles, use needle-nose pliers to make a brick shape out of the metal part. Each brick was stamped individually.

Here's an update! Got one layer of dry-brushing done, to pull out the highlights. Some of the tiles have been painted to create more variation. Next is more highlighting, washes and painting the individual bricks.

01-24-2012, 01:55 PM
neat trick.. and still looking good - Haven't made anything like this before so I aim to learn ;)

01-24-2012, 10:01 PM
tilt-check out this site. http://www.terragenesis.co.uk/infopages/index.phpIt's what got me started in mini terrain. Tons of cool tuts.

01-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Like where this entry is going!! Thanks for the site link at first glance seems very good. I'll get back there after I pull off the impossible and get the T.T.O.C. finished !!

01-30-2012, 09:48 PM
I finally finished! Sorry that some of the pics are blurry. Most of the final process involved Ink washes (to bring out the shadows), dry-brushing (for highlights), and painting the power monoliths.
### Latest WIP ###

Master TMO
01-30-2012, 10:28 PM
I would just like to state, for the record, that I hate you, so much. :P

J/k! Looks great!

01-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Most Awesome!!! Well done!

01-31-2012, 02:40 AM
You forgot to stitch the pics together and use the

### Latest WIP ###

so, I've done it for you ;)

01-31-2012, 02:12 PM
You forgot to stitch the pics together and use the

### Latest WIP ###

so, I've done it for you ;)

Won't work :P It only takes the ### Latest WIP ### if posted by the thread starter, so I edited his post.

-Rob A>