PDA

View Full Version : Starting off with a hello...

spklvr
01-13-2012, 06:31 PM
So... hello. I abuse ellipsis btw, it's a nasty habit I need to rid myself off... Did it again.

I haven't gotten the chance to get a good look around the forum yet, but I imagine there are a lot of people like me here, who write fantasy and enjoys world building. Problem though, is that I have recently discovered that I totally suck at drawing maps. I consider myself a decent artist otherwise, so I don't think learning will be THAT difficult (am I being naive perhaps?)

Other than that, I'm a girl from Norway and I'm currently studying English lit. I use a really old version of Photoshop for drawing... makes me worried that I won't know half of the tools you guys use, but I hope I'll manage.

Be nice to me please.

Lukc
01-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Welcome and don't worry. We'll be nice, girl from Norway, don't worry :) and do ask and help yourself to the tutorials.

jbgibson
01-16-2012, 12:54 AM
Welcome, spklvr --- pick a likely tutorial and dive in! And yes, especially if you're already a decent artist, you'll no doubt be able to create good maps -- you'll just need some practice. Like with any other artistic endeavor, I assume you've filled your head with examples of what you want to create? Do you have particular styles you want to emulate?