PDA

View Full Version : Kadir - Campaign map

gain
01-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Hey guys
Just completed my first map ever. It was a very fun experience and I cannot wait to do my next one. This is going to be for a 4E campaign which I am DMing starting in February. Thought I would do the map first to get some ideas going on adventures and settings to visit.

Full disclosure: This map was heavily influenced by fusedcreations.com/adam/v2map.jpg I really liked that map and used it as a reference :)
The vortex was from fantasticalmaps.wordpress.com and the scroll was from a tutorial on deviant art
Stormcrest is from WoW too..tell me if you can figure out where :)

Everything was sketched manually using the fused creations map as a reference.

The Goblin's Lair
01-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Hi Gain! Welcome to the guild! You have a fantastic map their my friend, I really like the snow cone you did for the Under Mountain. The trees like great to. Nice job!

ScotlandTom
01-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Welcome, gain! I really like how fantastical this map is; it looks like a great fantasy setting. I particularly like how you've rendered the forests and the city of Stormcrest. Though I wonder if you mean "Ruptured Divide" rather than "Raptured Divide". "Raptured" suggests to me that part of the land once ascended to the heavens. :)