PDA

View Full Version : Hi there from northern germany

Droner
01-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Found the cartographer's guild at deviant art for searching on creating fantasy game maps.
i'm a scholar on architecture as master of arts and currently working on a map of northern mythodea. not to forget, my hobby is LARP ^^

nevertheless i'm completely new to creating maps and trying myself around... i would like every help, critique and comments about my work =D

Attached my currently work in progress on that map...
I'm using Autocad, illustrator and photoshop

ravells
01-26-2012, 06:26 PM
If you're making maps like that I think you should be teaching us! Welcome to the Guild and looking forward to seeing more of your maps!

Schwarzkreuz
01-26-2012, 06:59 PM
I am from Braunschweig/Magdeburg where are you from? Its nice to have some countrymen around here.

Mark Oliva
01-27-2012, 12:20 AM
Actually, there are quite a few people in the guild from Germany and also other German-speaking regions like Austria, the Free State of Bavaria and even my own not so free state of Franconia.

So ... Gruß Di' Gott und willkommen. Nix für Ungut!

Schwarzkreuz
01-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Seem so. Iam also on the board Tanelorn.net a large RPG community but have never heard of Cartographersguild since recently.

Droner
01-27-2012, 07:48 AM
thanks, ravells ^^' am i blushing? but i'm eager to advance and learn real much =D

i'm from oldenburg(oldb) so braunschweig not that far away.

bartmoss
01-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Welcome to the Guild - I live in Berlin myself.

And nice map, indeed. There's one river violation I see, the south-southeastern river crossing the mountains, but I am guessing the area SE of the mountains is supposed to be a highland? If not, then you'll probably want to create a small gap in the mountain chain to represent a valley or canyon or somesuch.

Droner
01-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Ehm, the map's not nearly done so there are many undone parts which are to be edited. the whole southern darker area will be filled with mountains.
I'll post the WIP in the Mapmaking Discussion Section. Currently i'm waiting for it to be checked by a moderator.

bartmoss
01-27-2012, 08:38 AM
No problem, that's just the only thing I noticed.

Freodin
01-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Oh, I just love the colour scheme you used. Nice map to introduce yourself.

Und viele Grüße aus dem südlichen Deutschland.

Sapiento
01-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Welcome! Looks great.

Schöne Grüße aus Salzburg!

Katto
01-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Hi Droner. Der Ruhrpott ist auch vertreten. Tach auch!

Droner
01-28-2012, 04:13 AM
Hallihallo =D
looking at just a small part up to now at the tutorials I'm very curious about everything here!

Droner
01-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Does somebody know how long it normally takes for a WIP-thread to be unlocked by a moderator in the Mapmaking Discussion & Philosophy (WIP/Critique) Section?

Lukc
01-29-2012, 03:02 AM
Well, far as I can tell, it's always unlocked! And welcome to the guild, that's a nice map. I *was* going to mention the transmontane river, but I've been beaten to it. So I'll just mention horror vacui and suggest leaving a bit more sea in the west, to give the map some more breathing room. :)

Mark Oliva
01-29-2012, 05:29 AM
Und viele Grüße aus dem südlichen Deutschland.

Des is' fei schee! No aaner aus unnernm scheenen Franggnlond!

For those who do not know the joy of living in Franconia, translated:

That's great. Another one from our beautiful Franconian land.

Happy weekend everybody!