PDA

View Full Version : Long time lurker

DarkOne
03-30-2008, 02:24 AM
Been visiting since RobA mentioned this forum at DungeonForge.

Now decided to speak up.

Gamerprinter
03-30-2008, 04:34 AM
Show us your Dungeonforge creations. Haven't seen much until RobA's for this month's challenge entry - I'd like to see more.

Welcome to the guild!

industrygothica
03-30-2008, 07:26 AM
Indeed, after seeing his map I immediately went and downloaded DungeonForge. Now I just have to find the time to learn how to use it.

It'd be great if someone had a few quickstart tips or something. ;)

DarkOne
03-30-2008, 07:32 AM
Don't have much. DF is a little buggy on Linux under wine. I been spending my time working on a 3D world creation software (Linux only). No public release yet. I decided to use meteorite impact simulation to build a planet, satelite or astroid. I would like to throw in techtonics to give additional variations. So it is geared to creating rather realistic worlds.

DarkOne
03-30-2008, 07:33 AM
It'd be great if someone had a few quickstart tips or something. ;)Look in the download section for the a guide and many other downloads for textures, objects, etc.

ravells
03-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Don't have much. DF is a little buggy on Linux under wine. I been spending my time working on a 3D world creation software (Linux only). No public release yet. I decided to use meteorite impact simulation to build a planet, satelite or astroid. I would like to throw in techtonics to give additional variations. So it is geared to creating rather realistic worlds.

This sounds really interesting. I think one of the reasons why world generators don't quite look right is because they are purely random and that plate tectonics is ignored. I'd love to see some examples once you've got the programme up and running.

Welcome to the Guild, btw!

NeonKnight
03-31-2008, 01:31 PM
Welcome! I'd try Dungeonforge if I could even FIND the download :?: I must be an idiot cause I couldn't find it :(

RobA
03-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Welcome! I'd try Dungeonforge if I could even FIND the download :?: I must be an idiot cause I couldn't find it :(

Well - you do need to be logged in to download.

After that it is in the Download section, under Dungeonforge, second download in the list/

-Rob A>

Ahhhhh.

DarkOne
03-31-2008, 02:28 PM
I should remember to mention the need to have an account first before downloading. I am permanently logged onto DF. :D