PDA

View Full Version : *** January 2012 - Diorama - VOTING ***

tilt
01-31-2012, 03:47 AM
January has been a crafty month for mappers ... clay, foam, paint, pillows, plastic pieces and even a dog has been used to make the best analog 3D map. With 6 entrants we get 2 (TWO) votes.

So, look through the entries and throw your votes :)

remember
- a gentleman don't vote for himself
- to rep those you vote for or just plain like

The Winner gets a golden compass and voting ends in 5 days.
The maps are here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/challenge_thumbs.php?type=regular
dangerdogs post don't get indexed so check it out here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?17114-January-2012-Entry-TableTop-Game-Map&p=175465&viewfull=1#post175465

Jaxilon
01-31-2012, 03:57 AM
Is our thumbnails doohicky busted again? :(

Good thing it's only 6 entries and not like 30, that would be rough :)

dangerdog15
01-31-2012, 12:18 PM
I voted for lostatsea. What a creative story, and an even better map. Great job!

@tilt-Thanks for fixing my thread. ;)

Master TMO
01-31-2012, 12:29 PM
Odd. The thumbnails doohicky is showing my *first* picture, which was just the pieces sorted into piles, not my final, finished WIP. I did do the WIP flagging correctly, right?

RobA
01-31-2012, 02:07 PM
Is our thumbnails doohicky busted again? :(

Good thing it's only 6 entries and not like 30, that would be rough :)

Tilt posted the link. dangerdog15 did not include a Latest WIP tag (I added it in) which was why he did not get picked up in the thumbmail page.

-Rob A>

RobA
01-31-2012, 02:26 PM
Odd. The thumbnails doohicky is showing my *first* picture, which was just the pieces sorted into piles, not my final, finished WIP. I did do the WIP flagging correctly, right?

My bad - the new automatic thumbnailer picks up the FIRST attached image from the LAST post (with attachments) by the thread starter that has the ### Latest WIP ### tag anywhere in the post.

I duplicated your post and deleted all the attachment copies only leaving the one, so it now shows up with the completed one in the thumbnails.

(The script was designed for challenges where there is a simple image per entry, so isn;t ideally suited for this monthly challenge....)

-Rob A>

Master TMO
01-31-2012, 02:51 PM
My bad - the new automatic thumbnailer picks up the FIRST attached image from the LAST post (with attachments) by the thread starter that has the ### Latest WIP ### tag anywhere in the post.

I duplicated your post and deleted all the attachment copies only leaving the one, so it now shows up with the completed one in the thumbnails.

(The script was designed for challenges where there is a simple image per entry, so isn;t ideally suited for this monthly challenge....)

-Rob A>

Much obliged, sir!

Coyotemax
01-31-2012, 04:39 PM
there were some AWESOME entries this month. Wish I could have voted for all of them!!

junius_gallio
01-31-2012, 05:02 PM
These are all fantastic--and you super-creative, 3D types make me SICK!

(j/k, of course. It's just jealousy on my part.);)

maxsdaddy
01-31-2012, 10:25 PM
RobA to the rescue again. My first vote for lostatsea, well, because it was a great entry. My second vote went to Bogie just for puttng some stuff in the snow ( real or not ). Heck it's winter for me here in the northeast of the US.

Bogie
02-01-2012, 12:45 AM
When Dangerdog15 posted his first WIP pic I thought, He's just going to pile a bunch of packing material and crap on a table and call it an entry. Then I saw the final result and was blown away by the details, WOW fantastic.

I also voted for Lostatsea, I have to give the edge to Dangerdog15 because it is a diorama I could play on, but TTOC is a cool concept with great colors and design.

dangerdog15
02-01-2012, 05:47 PM
I didn't get two votes. :( After I voted for lostatsea that was it.

rdanhenry
02-01-2012, 06:09 PM
You vote for two of them at the same time.

lostatsea
02-01-2012, 06:44 PM
dangerdog15 : Don't feel bad 27 voters times two is 54 votes only 51 were cast so there was three people to cast single votes ;). You needed to check two boxes before submitting your vote. I don't know if that can be fixed by the moderator or not. If not now you know. You were my first vote. Really like the setup and the colors and the textures. Great piece of work !!!

tilt
02-02-2012, 03:10 AM
we can't "undo" your votings - it is possible to manually edit the vote number but the voters name won't register.

atpollard
02-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Uh Oh, voting irregularities.
I sure hope that this doesn't end in a recount and dimpled chads. :)

dangerdog15
02-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the info. Thought that's what happened.:P

atpollard-LOL! That's awesome. So does that mean I'm Florida?

anstett
02-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Hey now!

I happen to help run the elections in South Florida and we have not had any irregularities in years, well months, um.. well let's say we do the best we can with what we have.

BOB

and thank you to the kind soul who checked my box

Bogie
02-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Oh well, let's just assume that lostatsea was going to vote for me and let it go at that.;) That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

lostatsea
02-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Just a heads up the-golem voted for me either yesterday or today :P. Much as I appreciate it Officially Voting has been closed for 6 days. :?

Jaxilon
02-11-2012, 10:50 AM
I didn't mean to miss the voting on this but since it's already over I won't mess with it... even though I want to.

RobA
02-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Just a heads up the-golem voted for me either yesterday or today :P. Much as I appreciate it Officially Voting has been closed for 6 days. :?

Someone forgot to set the poll to close automatically..... harumph!

I've gone and closed it now.....

-Rob A>