PDA

View Full Version : Dunver - World map made in CC3

Clercon
02-07-2012, 09:50 AM
I decided to try out the latest Annual from Profantasy. This months style was an Overland satellite style that was fun to work with. The style was very easy to use, and the end result is good (I think) compared to the time you need to invest in the map. After having finished the map I realized that i should have spent more time to make the coastline more uneven. Now it is a bit straight.

Anyway here it is, hope you like it :)

ProFantasy
02-09-2012, 10:37 AM
I decided to try out the latest Annual from Profantasy. This months style was an Overland satellite style that was fun to work with. The style was very easy to use, and the end result is good (I think) compared to the time you need to invest in the map. After having finished the map I realized that i should have spent more time to make the coastline more uneven. Now it is a bit straight.

Anyway here it is, hope you like it :)

It's really good - how long did it take? Incidentally, you can add more detail to the coast using the "fractalise" edit tool (Edit >> Reshape >> Fractalis)

Simon

Mateus090985
02-09-2012, 10:40 AM
It's really good - how long did it take? Incidentally, you can add more detail to the coast using the "fractalise" edit tool (Edit >> Reshape >> Fractalis)

Simon

The fracttalize tools sometimes dont acept my landmasses... In my current map there some landmasses that if I try to use factalize it does nothing.

Veldehar
02-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Not bad at all. In particular if it was quick and easy.

Clercon
02-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the comments. I'd guess it took me three to four hours to finish it all. From a white paper (or in this case blue sea computerized version) to finishing the labeling (that I however did in Photoshop). So in my opinion time well spent :)
And Simon, I actually tried the fractalise tool (after a tip over at your site). It made it a bit better but still some of the coastline gives the impression of being too straight.

Albaen
11-26-2012, 09:47 AM
I really like it. To do it in four hours is pretty amazing. Maybe one day I will get this good!

Clercon
11-26-2012, 10:12 AM
I really like it. To do it in four hours is pretty amazing. Maybe one day I will get this good!

Thanks, have a look at Profantasy's programs, this one is done in their program Campaign Cartographer 3.