PDA

View Full Version : [Brushes] Joan Blaeu: Nassau Brushes 18. Century Copperplate Maps

Schwarzkreuz
02-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Here are some extracted Photoshop Brushes from the Blaeus Nassau Map.
Have fun with it.

It is to open with Winrar or similar programms.

Coyotemax
02-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Nice job. Every time I look through my book of Italy maps I want to do this, but then i sit down and try drawing them by hand instead ;)

yay for distractions!

cereth
02-08-2012, 01:23 AM
Nicely done, sir!

ravells
02-08-2012, 05:02 AM
These are lovely! Thanks for making them available!

Sapiento
02-08-2012, 05:18 AM
Great job!

Lukc
02-08-2012, 05:27 AM
I'd rep you, but I have to spread it around some more first! :)

Schwarzkreuz
02-08-2012, 05:38 AM
Thank you very much, to all. Well I hope I find a good scan of the Mountain maps of Switzerland so I can add the Mountains to the Brushset soon.
I have seen a lot people try to adapt Blaeus style, so why dont just used them? Its copyrightfree since 1890 anyway :D and he took mapf of Gerhad Mercator and others anyway, so dont say remix-culture is a modern thing , ha!

Schwarzkreuz
02-08-2012, 05:45 AM
Nice job. Every time I look through my book of Italy maps I want to do this, but then i sit down and try drawing them by hand instead ;)

yay for distractions!

Hi Coyotemax, if you have some interesting maps, you could send me them and I convert them into brushsets!

jazzon
02-25-2012, 11:24 PM
EDIT: Disregard this please. I dropped it in the wrong folder...fault mine. They work great!

Any chancce you could post the scans so those of using GIMP can use the brushes as well?

Schwarzkreuz
02-26-2012, 04:14 PM
If anyone like we could share the work and collect Blaeu´s Map elements here in different transforming units.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Blaeu

here is the link, have fun with it.

cereth
02-26-2012, 04:59 PM
I have some that I need to finish making into brushes. I'll try to get them loaded asap. There doesn't seem to be enough hours in every day. I have more projects right now than I have time. :)

Those Scotland Atlas scans are really high-res and will make for some great brushes.

If anyone like we could share the work and collect Blaeu´s Map elements here in different transforming units.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Blaeu

here is the link, have fun with it.

Schwarzkreuz
02-26-2012, 05:46 PM
I have some that I need to finish making into brushes. I'll try to get them loaded asap. There doesn't seem to be enough hours in every day. I have more projects right now than I have time. :)

Those Scotland Atlas scans are really high-res and will make for some great brushes.

OMG, I had never actual open the scots maps, and worked with the German ones in lower quality....

Hey Cereth, if you like we could arrange a specific setup and work on the scots-maps both.

artearth
03-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Hey folks, newbie question - any way I can extract these on a Mac? I unzip blaeu_nassau.zip and get blaeu_nassau.zip.cpgz. I double click on blaeu_nassau.zip.cpgz and get blaeu_nassau.zip. What am I missing?