PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Old Nordhart

pasis
02-15-2012, 03:12 PM
This is my second city and it is located in the same realm as J.B. Springs, which I got finished few days ago. Old Nordhart is surrounded by mountains except from south and is located northeast from J.B. Springs.
I have to stop for today and I decided to post this eventhough there is not much done yet.

Robulous
02-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Nice site for a Helm's Deep style confrontation! What software are you using?

Brandon
02-15-2012, 04:42 PM
That's exactly what I thought at my first look. I also have the same question as Robulous... What software, I am trying to figure out what I should use to make maps. Oh and keep up the nice work!

pasis
02-16-2012, 02:17 AM
The heightmap is created using Geocontrol and rest is Photoshop. There is a quickguide on working on heightmaps in the guild, if you're interested: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?16688

pasis
02-16-2012, 03:42 PM
I started to create the inner part of the city. The surroundings indeed would have granted me the possibility to create something like Helms deep, but I had already planned for more regular city. Maybe after I got this one finished (I must say I'm tempted).

pasis
02-17-2012, 01:26 PM
This one seems to be proceeding in good speed. It requires more details and labeling and then I can call it finished. All comments and critique are welcome.

Korash
02-17-2012, 01:37 PM
looking good pasis :)

my only "crit" is that my mind is telling me that the inner city should be sitting at a higher elevation than the outer, but my eyes don't see it. It kinda looks "flat" or on level ground...

Love the hills/mountains :)

pasis
02-17-2012, 02:46 PM
The land is actually quite flat, but I see what you mean. I tweaked the streets a bit to show the bumpmap through to give a bit more elevation. I think it looks better now.

anstett
02-17-2012, 06:03 PM
My only question is what is everyone who lives there drinking?

There are the farming plots but no visible surface water to irrigate them.

BOB

pasis
02-18-2012, 08:49 AM
The city folks rely on natural rain and no irrigation needed. Drinking water is got from wells and various small springs that surround the city.

lostatsea
02-19-2012, 12:16 AM
Very nice snagged for my inspiration folder !! :)