View Full Version : As-yet-unnamed region (based on Greece)
02-19-2012, 02:23 AM
Obviously not all that much to show at the moment, as all I've got is coastline (and paper texture :P). I'm debating what to do next, however, as this is such a mountainous region and I'm not quite sure how I want to draw that... Any suggestions for where to look for examples of hand-drawn mountainous regions?
02-19-2012, 06:23 AM
There are a lot of hand-drawn examples here in the forums. Let me pick a few ones:
- The Imperial Worlmap of Arden, by Schwarzkreuz (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?17128), is quite recent and a real masterpiece.
- The Butcher, the Baker, and that Other Guy, by Ascension (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?15051-The-Butcher-The-Baker-and-that-Other-Guy).
- Ystraad, by Bohunk (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?1952-Ystraad).
- The Land of Avani, by Wag (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?3972-A-Comprehensive-Map-of-quot-Avani-quot).
- And of course, with all humility and noting that it's only a mere attempt of resembling the previous ones, you have what I've done in Praathamika (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?9853-Praathamika-WIP&p=107869&viewfull=1#post107869).
These are a few suggestions. Hope that you find inspiration there :-)
02-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Looks like Arden was exactly what I was looking for, thanks! ...and now I've gotta draw all those mountains *sigh*
02-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Well, i uploaded some of my mountain brushes. There you can see how i develloped the mountains. I have looked at a lot of atlas maior maps for references you get good scans from wikimedia.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.