PDA

View Full Version : [SciFi] Galaxymap of the Sternenmeer-RPG

Schwarzkreuz
02-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Here comes my first galaxymap. It is for an alternative Milkstreet(?) tausends of years far in the future. The Progenitors (Human) vanished from the known worlds and leaves the genetic engineered races and alien species, cyborgs and mechanized cilvilisations on their own. The Galaxy soon turns into an explosive mixing pot, expansionistic ambitions rises within the nations and the old order crumples to the dusk of war.

The frame is partly drawn, partly 3d and partly Photoelements. It was my approach into making a nostalgic but also futuristic Maptable to show the galaxymap.
I hope you like it, as everytime Critique welcome.

dangerdog15
02-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Wow, very nice. Don't know if NSEW would work for a space map, but it looks great.

Robulous
02-26-2012, 08:49 AM
Milkstreet... took me a moment but to realise, in English we say Milky Way! Milkstreet though, that's a good word, I like it :)

EvilOverlordX
04-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Very nice!

ravells
04-03-2012, 04:45 AM
Love the frame! The only suggestion I have is to try to drop the opacity of the blue behind the sector labels to give it more of a 'projected' look.

Lukc
04-03-2012, 05:28 AM
I think it looks great! One quibble, however: I'm not sure, but isn't galactic north actually on the Z axis in this context? North is usually one of the poles of a rotating system. For a map like this, you would need a different designation for the four quadrants.

Clercon
04-03-2012, 05:34 AM
Very nice indeed!
And when we talk about milky way and names. In swedish milky way is vintergatan which means winter street.

ravells
04-03-2012, 06:31 AM
I like the convention in Traveller:

Toward the galactic core is coreward; away from it, in the direction of the rim, is rimward. In the direction that the galaxy is rotating is spinward, while the opposite direction is trailing.