PDA

View Full Version : February 2012 Entry: Game of Thrones Boardgame / Arden : Rise of the Imperium

Schwarzkreuz
02-29-2012, 03:04 AM
Alright, I am a bit crazy to try to do this challenge at the very last day. I guess I still ahve time till 24h at 29.Feb?

Well ok my Basic Idea was to rebuild the Game of Thrones Game for my World of Arden. I have reused the outlines from teh original map with additions. All I had till now are the baselinemap and some Texture. So there is more to come. As far as I get.

The Story is set several Hundreds Years in the Past of The Icathian Imperium, as the Imperator vanished and the Unrest caused an never before seen Civilwar for the control of the Capitol Icathia.
Red Borders indicated Important Coreprovinces that stayed true to the original Agenda of the Imperator, Blue are hostil Areas, Orange were Alianzes and Provinces in the future. The rest is somewhere between: Independent Cities, Tradenations and so on.

Lukc
02-29-2012, 07:10 AM
An easier option would be to take the Diplomacy Boardgame and rework that.

I'm probably going to try and add finishing touches to my entry tonight, when I got home ... around 22:00. :P Have to use the light for photography while it lasts.

Schwarzkreuz
02-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Ok here is another UPDATE

Latest WIP

Bogie
02-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Nice map.

Don't forget to put ### Latest WIP ### in the post with your map so it gets picked up by the thumbnail viewer.

Schwarzkreuz
02-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Nice map.

Don't forget to put ### Latest WIP ### in the post with your map so it gets picked up by the thumbnail viewer.

Sorry I dont understand what you mean.

Droner
02-29-2012, 02:14 PM
What he means is, that you should paste the ### Latest WIP ### instead of Latest WIP infront of your actual WIP-Image that it is automatically shown here by the thumbnail-system:Current Regular Challenge Thumbnails (http://www.cartographersguild.com/challenge_thumbs.php?type=regular)

Schwarzkreuz
03-01-2012, 02:13 AM
### LATEST WIP ###

Ok, 6h to go. This turns out to a 24h challenge for me, how.... stressful.
But its a tough contest, and I still ahve a lot of fun doing this, and I learned a lot.

Only Tokens and Signs to go! Slowly crawling to the end now.

Droner
03-01-2012, 02:33 AM
hehe, i was up all night too.
looks real good. i like the saturated style and really am anxious to play this one already ^^

Schwarzkreuz
03-01-2012, 03:04 AM
### LATEST WIP ###

finishhhhhhhhhhhedddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I go sleeping now

Lukc
03-01-2012, 03:10 AM
Congratulations! That looks like it was an all-nighter, if you're in my time zone :P

(Checked - yeah, you are. So good morning, too!)

Schwarzkreuz
03-01-2012, 04:45 AM
Hey lukc, when are you sleeping? Your time are also often in the middle of the night, anyway, I tend to wOrk at times when normal people would sleep.

Well I am happy with the outcome and would welcome any critique to the map.
It was a very tiresome precess and completely done (except the coasts) within 24h.

Ramah
03-01-2012, 12:38 PM
I like it a lot actually, Schwarzkreuz. Very nicely done. The only thing I don't like much is the compass and scale, especially the scale which doesn't seem to match the rest of the map - too anachronistic.

Lukc
03-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Hey, Schwarz, my time zone is the same as yours - CET. Yeah, sometimes projects end up taking up evenings and nights ... but I'm getting old and I try to stop working at 1 a.m. whenever possible. I find my work isn't good enough after that.

Schwarzkreuz
03-01-2012, 04:34 PM
I am still about to get into the work. I have just finished Artschool and now ready for hire (if ever someone do, would be nice :D) Strange hours for stranger hobbies. Sometime a litle push helps me getting new Ideas, the same with Rise of Imperium here.

@Ramah:

Yes I am still unsure, I love the Compass and the Weird mechanical Scale but sure they are in a unpleasant place. I think about redoing some framwork for the board, but this would messup the formalistics of the map.... hard to decide.