PDA

View Full Version : Unpaid Commission for phlegethon : Three Cities

Sular
03-03-2012, 01:35 PM
I've accepted an unpaid commission (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?17758-One-map-Three-CIties) for the making of a city map for phlegethon. As you can see, I'm in a very early and preliminary stage with this project but I'd like to get something up for comment and all that.

So far only two of the tree cities are sketched in, but progress is being made.

Sular
03-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Moderate update with the third city added and the roads of the port reworked a bit.

Klaus van der Kroft
03-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Getting nice. I specially like how the port city looks in the second map.

Is the one on the upper right supposed to be square, or you still have to expand it?

Sular
03-09-2012, 03:32 PM
I still have to expand the cities, but the city in the upper right was intended as a planned city with considerable gridding.

Sular
04-16-2012, 12:49 AM
I've been astonishingly busy with work and all that, so I regret the lack of progress. That said, I have managed to begin a possible means of depicting farmland.

ravells
04-16-2012, 06:43 AM
Those are great looking street and building sizes and patterns!

Lovely work!

jbgibson
04-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Indeed - nice layout. That seems like an awful lot of population for three settlements to be so close. I could imagine three different *purposes*, so it's not unbelievable, just puzzling until I see the backstory. What kind of scale are you figuring on?

Lukc
04-17-2012, 04:41 AM
Looking good, though the farmland might be a bit "busy" for my taste. Perhaps a bit less saturation or a bit more highlights in the farms?